A10.51 Question

GamerGeek

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi all,

A question on continuing to rout once reaching a woods/building has come up in a recent game.

The last sentence in the first para of A10.51 reads "Upon reaching a building/ woods Location not ADJACENT to a Known enemy unit, a routing unit must stop and end its RtPh in that building/woods Location even if overstacked unless the unit can directly enter another building/woods Location in its next entered hex (not necessarily the same building or through a continuous woods hexside)."

My take on this, is that once a routing unit reaches a building/woods hex, it can continue routing to ANOTHER woods/building hex even if its a different building or woods (assuming all the other rout conditions; towards a KEU/closer/etc are met). The 'even if overstocked' proviso seems to be causing confusion in the interpretation.

So can a routing unit rout into single hex building and keep 'going' thru the next wood/building hex (even if a 'different' building/woods) if they have MP left , or are they stuck in the first woods or building they reach?

My google-fu has failed me in trying to find an example or Q+A on this.

BB

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all,

A question on continuing to rout once reaching a woods/building has come up in a recent game.

The last sentence in the first para of A10.51 reads "Upon reaching a building/ woods Location not ADJACENT to a Known enemy unit, a routing unit must stop and end its RtPh in that building/woods Location even if overstacked unless the unit can directly enter another building/woods Location in its next entered hex (not necessarily the same building or through a continuous woods hexside)."

My take on this, is that once a routing unit reaches a building/woods hex, it can continue routing to ANOTHER woods/building hex even if its a different building or woods (assuming all the other rout conditions; towards a KEU/closer/etc are met). The 'even if overstocked' proviso seems to be causing confusion in the interpretation.

So can a routing unit rout into single hex building and keep 'going' thru the next wood/building hex (even if a 'different' building/woods) if they have MP left , or are they stuck in the first woods or building they reach?

My google-fu has failed me in trying to find an example or Q+A on this.

BB
Yes they can continue.
The even if overstacked part, tells you, that if there is no adjacent woods building hex to continue routing to, it uas to stop in the overstacked hex.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Note, too, that the notion of "same" only applies to buildings.
There are no "same" or "different" woods ruleswise.