A worthy project?

Tim McBride

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So being bored I have been working on creating a series of Excel files on the German army for the scenario designer to use. Most of this stuff is available if you search through lots of websites or books so I figure file containing everything we need would be good.
So is it a usefull project or is my time better spent learning underwater basket weaving?

The first one that is nearest completion is the 1st Wave infantry
http://www.historical-gaming.com

If you think its a good idea, any comments on what more I should add?
If I ever finish the infantry I plan to do armor and then maybe the SS. If I finish the Germans, maybe start in on the US of A...

If the idea sucks do you know any schools that teach my dream class?

Last edited:

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
It is very interesting Tim. :clap: Could individual divisions be linked to their future transformations (on another spreadsheet?). Example inf divs becoming pz divs, or 44 inf div becoming 44 HuD div etc. And of course adding all literature refs pertaining to single units, like divisional accounts etc. Very nice overview indeed!

Tim McBride

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Secadegas said:
I'm sorry, but what exactly means the small red triangle on some cells?
Excel has a comment Function, if you leave the mouse over that triangle for a moment it will pop up additional info, such as the dates at which a person Commanded a division, or important info on that sub-unit(date a rgt was disbanded, detached, etc)

Tim McBride

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Secadegas said:
You're going fast... it took more than 2 years to make my own list and isn't as nice as yours...
Good work :thumup:
Well I'll be slowing down for a bit, the holiday are getting busy for me.

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Tim McBride said:
Well I'll be slowing down for a bit, the holiday are getting busy for me.
You have holidays in USA, I was thinking it was reserved for the social democrats commies like states of old Europe :D

Thanks for your Job and enjoy your holidays

Der WanderWorkAtHomeToo

Secadegas

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
Tim McBride said:
Excel has a comment Function, if you leave the mouse over that triangle for a moment it will pop up additional info, such as the dates at which a person Commanded a division, or important info on that sub-unit(date a rgt was disbanded, detached, etc)
Thanks Tim

(I already knew my question was a stupid one... i just didn't suspect it was so much... :shock: )

Bdr.Mallette

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
more?

if you need more info, I have extensive info on U-boat Flotillas, German Navy as well as the entire US, and all allied ships. I also have complete airforce strengths during the battle of britain, their posts as well as units they were assigned to.
Big files, mostlt just web pages but still, pretty big.

need it?
I'll tryto put a complete zip file together.

:smoke:

Tim McBride

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bdr.Mallette said:
if you need more info, I have extensive info on U-boat Flotillas, German Navy as well as the entire US, and all allied ships. I also have complete airforce strengths during the battle of britain, their posts as well as units they were assigned to.
Big files, mostlt just web pages but still, pretty big.

need it?
I'll tryto put a complete zip file together.

:smoke:
Sure I'd love to look it all over.