A Very Good Product and Nice New Trend - FTC8

Discussion in 'Le Franc Tireur' started by macrobo, Dec 5, 2017.

1. macrobo

macrobo King of Boxcars Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2005
    Geelong Melbourne
    Hi All

I Think this needs a second thread personally - I just got My FTC 8 and did not realize what great little Gem for Christmas I got! :happy:

I had read the other thread and realized there were some nice positive comments but I thought for those wanting to spend the Cash and not miss a really good product - I too have had to cut back my ASL spending so to choose just one or two products is essential and though Mark P is the final word for some - his reviews have become far and few between now due to his busy life and this product may not have a huge stock!

So what is this trend that is new! - From The Cellar Pack 8 is a Magazine for the first time with some well thought out articles - worth the cash! (I did actually "open the boxes" and proved to myself that this had not happened before). This is a great trend! and I love it :love:- It is actually up there with an MMP journal but that only a personal opinion! (The last one was quite thin a bad trend....:cry:)

FTC8 included lots - I really could not put this magazine down - its full of such goodness - my children thought I had died in our bedroom since I was so quiet

(a) An 8- page article on the Free French- nice color photos and order of battle Table
    (b) A 14 - page article that is a dream for tread-heads like me - a very detailed description of Panzer Brigades in 44 - WOW just WOW to read :jig:
    (c) a 3-page article on the Moscow tank museum for those who can't get there
    (d) 10 questions to Psycho
    (e) A 9- page article on KGS unique features - like the Tarawa's gamer's guide - this is really useful - I have played 8 of these scenarios and I missed some of these facts.....an absolute recommend for those about to launch into KGS
    (f) A page on Bd 55 - that painful board I have used!!!! :confused:
    (g) 4 pages on a historical paper on the US vs German battle between 15 to 18th September at city of Luneville to allow you to understand the campaign game that's included
    (h) 3 pages of the campaign game rules
    (i) Miscellaneous of whats coming from LFT (scary) and some books they used for their information (They are in French so I am not sure I will buy them)

And.... OF Course the scenarios! :cool:
    Separate Card stock and in Colour - FT 209 - FT 223

3 Infantry only, rest combined arms - no tank only - lots of German heavies and US specials - Free French armed with an assorment

Time frames
    41 in Syria (French versus Arab), 43 in Sicily (US vs Germ), 2 x 44 in Italy (French vs Germ),44 in Bosnia SS vs Russ, 44 in France (French vs Germ), 4 x 44 in France (US vs Germ), 2 x 45 in Germany (French vs Germ), 45 in Germany (SS vs Russian), 45 in France (US versus German), 45 in Poland (Germ vs Russ)

8 small ones of 5 to 5.5 turns and company size forces
    6 Mod ones of 6.5 to 8 turns - again company size
    1 large one in length (9.5 turn) and size - 3 companies per side

A really good BUY!

Cheers

Rob :D

2. Honza

Honza The Art Of Wargames Silver Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Oxfordshire
    Good review Rob.

3. JR Brackin

JR Brackin Cardboard Challanged

Sep 9, 2006
    North of Philly
    Glad you liked the articles

4. Paul M. Weir

Paul M. Weir Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2004
    Dublin
    Of course we all know ASLers buy LFTs/Journals/BFPs for the interesting articles, the centre fold scenarios are a mere titillating bonus. :oops:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Brad M-V and Michael R like this.
  5. footsteps

footsteps Just visiting Silver Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Ontario
    I was sitting on the fence, and then... "10 Questions to Psycho".

Now I have to buy it!

Brad M-V likes this.
  6. Tooz

Tooz Active Member Silver Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Milwaukee
    I especially like the fact that I finally can use those US Army green B1bis in action!