A suggestion if possible.

TDR

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
When plotting terrain on a map in many situations the pointer as it currently is, ie the Arrow pointer, obstructs viewing the line locations.

Would it be possible when plotting terrain to switch to a different pointer , like a small cross hair, or small circle with a dot in it.

This may not be a matter than can be easily corrected.

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good idea! We'll look at this for the next patch. No promises though.

TDR

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
OK, I will ignore the 'no promise' bit..

On a slightly different point ‘granularity of terrain’:

In a map of magnification x1 terrain has a granularity of at best a 40m square. This is extremely course when compared to a 100m x 100m building.

The 40m x 40m comes from the fact that terrain mapping seems to only operate on a 2 pixel square mapping grid at all magnifications. As a result of such coarseness a small single vehicle track, reality, 3m, is about 40m wide,(2 pixels), on a map built at magnification x1.

Is it possible to alter this underlying terrain mapping grid to reduce the granularity?
Possibly something along the lines of: the lower the magnification the smaller the terrain mapping grid size.

Also could you give me a few answers to my additional quesions in the otehr thread "Movement and visibility". there are still a few things i am not sure about.

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I a afraid noot. The coarseness of the bit?ap is a function of conputer graphics limits... a bitmap in DirectX cannot safely be wider than about 600 pixels and a bitmap can not be greater then 32768 pixels high or wide. The data resolution is afunction of data availability...I can't get worldwide data at better then 3 arc-second, (about 100 m) resolution.