Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi all,

this France 40 project will keep rules very simple. We have just added some chrome that will be very easy to handle, even if at first sight, the terms "counter-battery fire" or "OBA interdiction" might frighten... the rules for these fit in just one page and are extremely easy to understand.

Some other chrome is the difference between the Colonial troops and the French Foreign Legion... but counters are provided.

We have been willing during all the design and development of the module to keep things easy and understandable, so that a maximum of players may give it a try, even ASL SK newbies (well.. they will still have to learn the rules of Concealment and Snipers ;) ).

Best,

X

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
It may sound as spam, but I have to agree with my fellow LFT friends. This product has really been fun to playtest but I am biased being a huge fan of France 40. Think about Inor as "Stalingrad in the woods" with the French replacing the Russian.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
That sounds promising.

There is 'Dinant' of course, but that river crossing and boat thingy might not be something for everyone.

von Marwitz
Bunch of landlubbers don't want to get their feet wet! Probably get seasick crossing that vast expanse of water!🤮🤮🤮😉😉🤣🤣🤣🤣

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Just checked a US Army source and found that the INOR area was also fought over in WW1.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Just checked a US Army source and found that the INOR area was also fought over in WW1.
Remember in the movie The Big Red One where the young G.I. sees a war monument and says something like " gee they are already putting up monuments for our guys " and the Sergeant tells him it was from WWI. A rough thirty or so years for some of those towns.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Bunch of landlubbers don't want to get their feet wet! Probably get seasick crossing that vast expanse of water!🤮🤮🤮😉😉🤣🤣🤣🤣
Hold on, mate...

You mariners would not seriously consider 'something' afloat that Admimal Nelson could not rate as a sloop, much less a ship.
However, if you'd put anything approaching a ship in that river flowing through Dinant, you'd have an incident just as that recent one with the container ship blocking the Suez Canal. Then the infernal lubbers could get across with dry feet, though. :p

von Marwitz

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Hold on, mate...

You mariners would not seriously consider 'something' afloat that Admimal Nelson could not rate as a sloop, much less a ship.
However, if you'd put anything approaching a ship in that river flowing through Dinant, you'd have an incident just as that recent one with the container ship blocking the Suez Canal. Then the infernal lubbers could get across with dry feet, though. :p

von Marwitz
Whatever a sailor can do to help the foot soldiers out consider it done.😉

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
True.
The Dinant River Crossing rules, while realistic to a degree, are too complex for FUN play (in my opinion).
The River crossing simplier rules in a BFP river crossing project (under development) are much simpler, easier, and fun to play.
Mileage definitely varies, but I get that opinions will vary ;-).

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Buyers should also note the heightened level of foreignosity in labeling the map, including several "Bois", which Xavier and Lionel assured me is not street-French for "Boyz", but has something to do with all the trees. Mmkay fine.

Being socially conscious, I alerted them to the unfortunate way the adolescent Americans are going to read the label below. They chuckled knowingly but declined to mandate a change. Mmkay fine, again.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is one of my favorite spots in all of ASL. It just looks peaceful. I want to have a picnic there and look out over the pond and chill out. I liked it so much that I gave it a VC point. Hope you guys don't mind :)