A Sad Day

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is horrible. I got to know Paul pretty well via direct message after the P&R forums went south. I have been getting worried as I hadn't heard from him recently, and now I found this.

A true loss. R.I.P., Paul.

redstar49

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Hi all, this is Paul's friend Kevin from the OP here. I just to want to say that it's been really wonderful to see all these messages of respect for Paul. We had been worried about him being in isolation during the various lockdowns we've had in Ireland, so we were very gladdened to see that he had such a great community around him, even if only 'virtually' - though as a member of a few forums in my time, I know how close those friendships can be. In my eulogy to him I gave a little shoutout to this community, and I thank you for all your lovely tributes, and, more generally, your friendships with Paul.

By the way, you'll probably be amused to know that Paul literally slept with a copy of the ASL Rulebook Folder beside his bed. That was more to do with the shelving arrangements in his bedroom, but I hope it will raise a smile with some of you in this sad time.

RIP Paul.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hi all, this is Paul's friend Kevin from the OP here. I just to want to say that it's been really wonderful to see all these messages of respect for Paul. We had been worried about him being in isolation during the various lockdowns we've had in Ireland, so we were very gladdened to see that he had such a great community around him, even if only 'virtually' - though as a member of a few forums in my time, I know how close those friendships can be. In my eulogy to him I gave a little shoutout to this community, and I thank you for all your lovely tributes, and, more generally, your friendships with Paul.

By the way, you'll probably be amused to know that Paul literally slept with a copy of the ASL Rulebook Folder beside his bed. That was more to do with the shelving arrangements in his bedroom, but I hope it will raise a smile with some of you in this sad time.

RIP Paul.

Note that the messages here represent only a part of the number which Paul's passing has prompted. There are many more in this thread.

von Marwitz

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Don't know what to say. It's been a couple of years since we last talked - here, about ASL - but he always very polite man with a vast WW II knowledge and great sense of humour. My condolences for his close ones.