Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
I received this message from a close friend of Paul Weir.

Quote:
My name is Kevin, a friend of Paul's. I'm very sorry to have to tell you that Paul passed away suddenly on Sunday morning here in Dublin. He took ill on Wednesday, and been in hospital. His last hours were peaceful, and he departed this life in his sleep.

I know he was a moderator here and a respected member of your community. So I just want to let you know that there will be a funeral service streamed online this Wednesday 9th December at 1pm (Irish Time) for those who wish to pay their respects: https://vimeo.com/event/153499

There is also a death notice and a virtual book of condolences online here should you wish to leave respects in writing: https://rip.ie/death-notice/paul-,-m.-weir-rathmines-dublin/441336

I'm not sure if you want to make a post in the forum, or perhaps simply let people whom he was close to here know - I'll leave that up your discretion.

I'm truly sorry to have to be the bearer of such terrible news. Paul was a great person and will be deeply missed by all who knew him.

Unquote

Last edited:

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
He had the difficult task to moderate the forum and he did it perfectly plus his huge knowledge of WW2 equipment (and of so much more) made him a pillar of this forum. So sad that he is leaving us so early. RIP

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow! What a shock. As was said up thread, he was an encyclopedia of WWII armor and a steadying presence on this forum. I've never met him but will miss his lengthy posts on the various aspects of the AFV models that all of the countries used during the war.
This is sad news.
My condolences for his family & friends.