A question on Log Packages - Can Red "pick up" and load Blue's?

Tripler

My other car is a VBIED.
Reaction score
I'm working on a custom scenario . . . or at least toying with it, where there's a missile warhead swapout from "Glasgow AFB, MT" to it's launch facility. I'm thinking I simulate the warhead section itself with a logistics package of one or two points.

My question: Should Blue lose control of the package, can Red come along and "load it" through the orders screen and carry it off?

Heck, I'll even ask, since I'm in a PBEM game right now, if I come across OPFOR's LogPacks just sitting there, can I load it/destroy it/etc.?

Trip

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
>My question: Should Blue lose control of the package, can Red come along
>and "load it" through the orders screen and carry it off?

No. When the Red unit spots the Blue logistics package it will almost certainly automatically destroy it with direct fire.

>Heck, I'll even ask, since I'm in a PBEM game right now, if I come across
>OPFOR's LogPacks just sitting there, can I load it/destroy it/etc.?

You won't be able to do anything except fire on it and probably destroy it almost immediately.

You should be able to confirm this for yourself by setting up Basic Training in two players on one computer mode and then adding some Blue and Red logistics packages.

Tripler

My other car is a VBIED.
Reaction score
MajorH said:
>You should be able to confirm this for yourself by setting up Basic Training in two players on one computer mode and then adding some Blue and Red logistics packages.
Yep, you're right. I tried one quick scenario, and a MG squad basically destroyed it. Then, I tried it with Log Packs and civilian heavy trucks on each side. It wouldn't let the Red truck pick up the Blue pack, nor vice versa.

Hrm. . . :(

Tripler
Thanks though, MajorH!