A question about wounds

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, Andy.

You're getting it...

Unwounded Hero: Fails MC, gets wounded. Roll severity (No DRM)
Unwounded Hero: Fails MC w/DR=12, gets wounded. Roll severity (DRM +1)
This is correct. (Though, technically its "drm", not "DRM".)

Wounded Hero: Fails MC, dies
Wounded Hero: CR as result of K/#, wounded again, roll severity (DRM +1 for being wounded)
This is correct.

Aha!: Wounded Hero: CR as result of K/# with DR=12, same as last case becuase this is CR not MC (+1 severity DRM for wound, none for DR=12).
I'm not sure what you mean here, since there is not a DR required with a Casualty Reduction.

For a K/# result, if the Wounded Hero is selected (via RS), then it is Casualty Reduced (i.e. Wounded) and takes a Wound Severity dr, with a +1 for already being Wounded. If the Wounded Hero is not selected, then it must take the #MC called for; if taking the MC, then a DR=12 would result in a failed MC and a dead Hero.

Just to be sure.: #KIA kills the hero no matter what if hero is randomly selected.
This is correct.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Bruce Bakken

andy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks Bruce.

Thanks Bruce,

You're right. No DR for a K/# result other than random selection for the CRed unit(s).

The groggies I played with had argued that:
"Because the unwounded hero's MC DR was 12, he both failed an MC *AND* therefore CRed (DR=12) and is therefore dead".

-So I now know that this is wrong and should be played as wounded with a severity drm of +1.

Many Thanks to you and Sam.

BTW: We played it that his hero died, but I still lost J88. I generated 3 heroes (2 died), he generated 1 (and it died) and I malfed and repaired my 37LL. Quite a game. 22 CVP exited (28 required), he fausted my tank for the win.

J88 Newbie Hint: Enter and move to THE RIGHT, behind the house. Esp. with the 2nd entry group. I had 4 squads KIAed on that road.

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The groggies I played with had argued that:
"Because the unwounded hero's MC DR was 12, he both failed an MC *AND* therefore CRed (DR=12) and is therefore dead".
Indeed, this is the way I have played in the past. I have to try to remember this next time I'm faced with three heros. :)