A Question about SPWW2 Graphics Issue

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey all,

I have a question concerning two minor graphics glitches in SPWW2. First, while the initial splash screen looks just fine, the main menu screen is really hard to read because of a background that sort of resembles a weird camo - green with a mix of red and blues and stuff. It all makes the text hard to read. Second, in the game, smoke appears in a technicolor fashion with reds and blues mixed in with the gray.

Is this an issue with the game and my graphics card or could it be a result of the fact that I am using the free DL version of the game that doesn't permit screen resolutions beyond 800x600? I suspect the latter because I have a purchased version of SPMBT and can run it at higher resolutions with no graphical glitches.

If these problems are related to a resolution issue, I'll just buy the game. But I don't to buy the game and not resolve the problem.

Thanks!

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay, I think it is a screen resolution issue. I just ran the game in windowed mode and everything looks fine - small, but fine.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Both games are identical as far as using the same code so it was most likely the resolution. If you have a wide screen it can cause issues as well when trying to run in full screen mode.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, it seems to be a resolution issue.

Thanks!

PS: Nice blog, DD! You've got some interesting stuff posted there!