A.P. Fourteen.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
??
I HATE Bocage!!! I didn’t buy AP 11 and I won’t buy AP 14. If that leaves a hole in my geoboards; oh well. There’s plenty of new boards and scenarios to play without having to support the abomination of ASL.

I am buying all that is Korean War. Just ordered The Fight for Seoul and Rally Point 17.
US troops fought in the bocage, and it was one of their great struggles so they could save the world. So if you hate bocage, you must hate America.

Why do you hate America, Rob?

??????

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
??

US troops fought in the bocage, and it was one of their great struggles so they could save the world. So if you hate bocage, you must hate America.

Why do you hate America, Rob?

??????
I'm a good boy, love my mamma
Love ASL and America, too
I'm a good boy, crazy bout Gonzaga
Loves the Steelers and my girlfriend too, yeah yeah

It's been a long day, looking at AP 14
There's another sucky Bocage pack
I'm a bad boy 'cause I ain't buying it
I'm a bad boy hating Bocage and its designers

And I'm free
Free fallin', fallin'

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm a good boy, love my mamma
Love ASL and America, too
I'm a good boy, crazy bout Gonzaga
Loves the Steelers and my girlfriend too, yeah yeah

It's been a long day, looking at AP 14
There's another sucky Bocage pack
I'm a bad boy 'cause I ain't buying it
I'm a bad boy hating Bocage and its designers

And I'm free
Free fallin', fallin'

Fair enough - You will love my coming Korean war stuff!!!

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perry just posted the following errata on CSW:

[Cocke, Perry]
Action Pack 14 errata

The following errata has been posted on the product page on our website:

AP140 Misty Morning Mayhem: In the German Turn 1 entry instructions, change “south/west edge(s)” to “south/east edge(s)”; the entry area boundary hexes remain unchanged.

AP141 Currie’s Favor: In the British entry instructions, change “south/west edge(s)” to “south/east edge(s)”.

Clarification for AP138 Red Horse Recon: For purposes of SSR 4, the CE armor leader may be in any AFV.

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Products/tabid/58/ProductID/371/Default.aspx

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone played the Micro CG linking 'Fuller's Folly' and 'Second to None'?

I may want to do something like this again and would like some feedback. Thank you.

JOS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd love to get started on some of these scenarios now that my copy of AP14 has arrived, but can't without vasl versions of the new boards. Are any map elves on the case, or did I/VASL overlook the boards at vasl.info?

Thanks, Joshua

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd love to get started on some of these scenarios now that my copy of AP14 has arrived, but can't without vasl versions of the new boards. Are any map elves on the case, or did I/VASL overlook the boards at vasl.info?

Thanks, Joshua
Hi Joshua, it appears these haven’t been started yet. I’ll add this to the list and see if someone has time to take this on.

Al

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Chas told me he has sent them off to be done. Just a matter of time now. -- jim

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The following errata has been posted on the product page on our website:

AP140 Misty Morning Mayhem: In the German Turn 1 entry instructions, change “south/west edge(s)” to “south/east edge(s)”; the entry area boundary hexes remain unchanged.

AP141 Currie’s Favor: In the British entry instructions, change “south/west edge(s)” to “south/east edge(s)”.
I have not bought the pack yet but this is some serious errata. Mistakes happen but I would think something like this should have been caught during proofing.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I have not bought the pack yet but this is some serious errata. Mistakes happen but I would think something like this should have been caught during proofing.
AP140 - agree on this one - could/should have been noticed, since there were hex coordinates given. But given that there are hexes given to enter on/between this is not so likely (IMO) to be played incorrect.

AP141 - as the printed version is exactly as the submitted version and it is the entire edge, there would be really no reason to suspect it was an error. Since the Germans can set up anywhere on the map, that didn't give a hint either.

Written as someone who proofread this product.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Mistakes happen but I would think something like this should have been caught during proofing.
All mistakes should be caught during proofing. And yet, they aren't.

When there's just a plethora of mistakes and other problems in a published product, you can think "hmm, there wasn't much (or any) proofing done on this one". When there's just a couple ... then it's just bad luck.

Proofing scenarios adds extra complications, particularly if the proof-reader hasn't actually played the scenario. It's frighteningly easy to miss a setup problem. I like to use VASL to set up scenarios when I proof them, just as if I were setting it up to play. Unfortunately, in this case, that wouldn't have been possible (I should say I was not a proof-reader on this product). Second-best option is to physically set it up, but that may not have been an option either (the scenario proof-readers may not have had any access to the new boards). So if you're just "visualising" the scenario in your head, it's very easy to not notice issues like that. And on the MMP side, they may run into the other side of the problem: when you've set up and played a new scenario a dozen times (or whatever), you might not be paying as close attention to what the text says because you "just know" how the scenario is supposed to run.

There's no simple solution. You try your best, but sometimes you just have to put up with bad luck.