A.P. Fourteen.

tommyl

Reaction score
First name
Tommy
Country
llUnited States
I think it would be harder for some college student or someone who has just founded a family and bought a place to live to cover expenditures of $2000 for a board game.
Maybe we could have an "adopt a local newbie" program so those of us with most of the maps could share.....

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
Why is this AP $10 more than the last? $32 as compared with $22. One more scenario?
Dave

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The more boards, the merrier for me.

Never having to take x buildings on board 10 mini village with a wall hex in the center, perfect.

There are several types of terrain under represented on GEO boards. Hasls are cool, but not many designers design on the HASL maps because only a fraction of players own any specific HASL. map.

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The more boards, especially of a theme (ie. Russia, Italy..) type, are boards that would encourage more design.

Pitman, about a year ago, mentioned that there were no boards that properly represented the small, rambling Russian villages. He was right. That sent me on a tear - sketching dozens of them. Almost all of our boards are designed for European battles - springtime in France. While those type are needed (esp. Normandy), the Russian - and Italian looking village boards (and lets face it - villages are what is most fought over) - would be great new additions to the system.

Having a theme AP, like the one Pete just prepared (AP14) is a great direction forward.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Russian and Italian villages would be very useful indeed.
Some way of replicating Italian Mountain Terrain would also be very helpful
(though of course the Forgotten War boards go some way to ticking this box)

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I really think the judicious production and use of overlays could expand our horizons tremendously.
Do you think that there is more interest for a scenario pack that includes a sheet or two of overlays than a pack that contains one or two new mapboards? A poll that also includes an option for a scenario-only pack would be enlightening.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I created a poll (just for the overlays/no overlays question). I think lots of scenario-only packs sell like hotcakes.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I created a poll (just for the overlays/no overlays question). I think lots of scenario-only packs sell like hotcakes.
Scenario (only) packs only sell like hotcakes if they have a good reputation, i.e. Friendly Fire and Schwerpunkt, to name examples. Otherwise they might sell, because they are relatively inexpensive and you do not lose much in case you got a bad one. At least that would be my guess.

von Marwitz

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scenario (only) packs only sell like hotcakes if they have a good reputation, i.e. Friendly Fire and Schwerpunkt, to name examples. Otherwise they might sell, because they are relatively inexpensive and you do not lose much in case you got a bad one. At least that would be my guess.

von Marwitz
Tru dat. My point was that generally, a quality scenario pack is usually priced such that it is a no-brainer for most ASL players. Boards would presumably increase the price over a comparable scenario-only pack and a scenario pack with overlays would (again, presumably) be priced somewhere in between.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Board 60, with a village on a hill, was designed after a thread over here where posters - me included - evoked the need of Italian villages.
Unfortunately, very few scenarios use that board.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are there any other players out there that aren't really enthusiastic about new boards all the time? I'd rather see us go on a hiatus for a while and use the plethora we already have.
Actually then you should love this Action Pack, Matt -- the two new boards were only used in a few of the scenarios, and there is a lot of spread on the others used . A very deliberate design decision.