A new, large-scale MBX will begin in mid-May

John Osborne

Reaction score
I'm posting this for Bill Jennings.

Hi, folks --

Sorry for the further delay -- a few last-minute technical glitches.
Anyway, the website is now (finally) up and running at

http://home.comcast.net/~wsjennings/2010_site/start.html

This is primarily just a recruiting site, limited to some general scenario information, an FAQ section and signup form. The game sites are still in development.

Thanks again for your interest in the MBX, and I hope the information on the site will add to it. Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards,

Bill

I've allready signup :cheeky: See you all at the new MBX.

John

Scully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This looks very cool. I've signed up myself.

I seem to be following you around John.

Take care,
Brian

John Osborne

Reaction score
MBX stands for Mail Battle eXercise, which is a double-blind umpired wargame based on the somewhat more common CPX (Command Post eXercise), a type of wargame real life militaries play for training purposes. Both games attempt to do the same thing: simulate the experience of command from inside a command post which is where most modern combat is controlled (not on the actual field of battle). Unlike a CPX, however, which is usually played in a single day at a frenetic pace in real time, an MBX is conducted at a more leisurely pace over e-mail, typically for a period of several months. Thus, an MBX can explore the details of battle in a way that promotes in-depth discussion and careful analysis among the players as opposed to testing quick reactions under pressure.

Hope this answered your question.

John

John Osborne

Reaction score
This is just a reminder that Bill is still taking signups until next week and then he will place the players in there respected sides. Rignt now he has over forty players and ten lurkers signed up. And if you can't play due to some circumstances beyond your control :nuts: You can still signup as a lurker to keep tabs on the MBX and then switch over as a player when an open spot is available to participate when you can.

So if you haven't signed up now, please do so. This is going to be a good MBX :D

He has five counting himself, umpires during the MBX.

John

Scully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don,

Just a minor point, but you may want to leave this in the general Modern Mil Sims area as you don't need TacOps to participate. I actually don't think you even need Harpoon3 to play either.

Anyway, registration may already be over, but thought this should be open to the entire Mil Sims community.

Brian

Scully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Damn you're quick. Thanks. And great job with the TacOps forum.

Brian