llFinland
A new errata for 2 edition scenario
ASL16 No Better Spot To Die

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pardon my lack of context, but is this going to be published by MMP as official errata and this is just a heads-up? TIA

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Pardon my lack of context, but is this going to be published by MMP as official errata and this is just a heads-up? TIA
No problem, official errata is always puplished at MMP web, although the time to puplish it can sometimes take a very long time and if never puplished see this as a heads up.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Maybe this will correct the huge imbalance favoring the Germans still. Even so, there are probably better things to do with one's time. Putting scenario back in the file to be looked at in ten years.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is the the updated version of the scenario from the original as published in Yanks 2. If you look at the Yanks 2 version you will notice that updated version has exactly that errata applied from the original in Paratrooper. Note also all of the original Paratrooper scenarios and almost all of the original Yanks scenarios have have had errata added and been updated when reissued. I hope Mel doesn't take the time to note all of those changes as this had been accomplished in a Journal already or provided for on the Yanks 2 notice on the MMP website (for the ASL 25 Gavin's Gamble scenario) IIRC.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I would not pay much attention to this post written with much fluff and no content, but still try to sound like it has any information in reply to this thread when it clearly has not.
This is the the updated version of the scenario from the original as published in Yanks 2. If you look at the Yanks 2 version you will notice that updated version has exactly that errata applied from the original in Paratrooper. Note also all of the original Paratrooper scenarios and almost all of the original Yanks scenarios have have had errata added and been updated when reissued. I hope Mel doesn't take the time to note all of those changes as this had been accomplished in a Journal already or provided for on the Yanks 2 notice on the MMP website (for the ASL 25 Gavin's Gamble scenario) IIRC.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
The scenario card on the right side of his image is the original ASL16, the scenario card on the left side of the image is his modified version. The version in Yanks2 is neither of these. The Yanks2 version is the right side card + "In the VCs, change "three building hexes" to ">= 4 building hexes". Add 8-1, 7-4-7, M2 60mm Mortar, and 1S Foxhole to the American OB."

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The scenario card on the right side of his image is the original ASL16, the scenario card on the left side of the image is his modified version. The version in Yanks2 is neither of these. The Yanks2 version is the right side card + "In the VCs, change "three building hexes" to ">= 4 building hexes". Add 8-1, 7-4-7, M2 60mm Mortar, and 1S Foxhole to the American OB."
If you take a look at the changes made to the original scenario with the Yanks 2 version you will see that it is exactly what had changed for the scenario.

[EDIT] These errata were published in Journal 11, the 2nd Ed. updated reissue of this scenario has no new errata as implied by Mel to the best of my knowledge.

Last edited:

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
If you take a look at the changes made to the original scenario with the Yanks 2 version you will see that it is exactly what had changed for the scenario.

[EDIT] These errata were published in Journal 11, the 2nd Ed. updated reissue of this scenario has no new errata as implied by Mel to the best of my knowledge.
I’m not sure you’re looking at the same image the rest us are in the linked post. There are two entries.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
The scenario is good as a teaching tool when introducing a rather complicated terrain type as Gullies (and bridge and Crags) for new players and get the experience of how to maneuvere tanks and foot soldiers across the natural barrier.