A heroic leader who suffers a second wound is dead directly or has to pass severity dr?

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
i think I’ve always played with the hero being automatically wounded when failing the first MC without rolling the wound severity dr. I suppose it’s wrong after reading this post.. ?
Second sentence of A15.2:

If it fails a MC, the hero is considered wounded and the counter flipped to the wounded side where it displays a Strength Factor of 1-3-8 and must undergo a Wound Severity dr (17.11).​
If he is broken a second time, however, he is not said to be "wounded," but is instead "eliminated." So no severity dr on the second break.

There would be a severity dr on a CR result or a sniper '2'.

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Lot of time out of the arena.. thanks for the answer.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
i think I’ve always played with the hero being automatically wounded when failing the first MC without rolling the wound severity dr. I suppose it’s wrong after reading this post.. ?
The same for me...

Nice to have this forum....

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Except in a CG where they BH an MMC.
Regular heroes aren't a problem, and I can't think of any reason to avoid them. Heroic leaders, OTOH, are a mixed blessing even in CGs. The good news is that they generally battle harden themselves. The bad complication is that this only happens if they survive. If they die or wound due to being a hero, it's usually not a good result.

JR

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Regular heroes aren't a problem, and I can't think of any reason to avoid them. Heroic leaders, OTOH, are a mixed blessing even in CGs. The good news is that they generally battle harden themselves. The bad complication is that this only happens if they survive. If they die or wound due to being a hero, it's usually not a good result.

JR
But in a CG the end result can be managed if need be..."don't press"....in a regular scenario you problem need that leader/heor on the line and the more "mixed blessing" as you note comes into play more...

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Totally forgot about this but I just got a reply.

Q. Is a wounded hero that suffers Casualty Reduction wounded again or eliminated? One that suffers a Casualty MC?
A. The hero would be eliminated in either case. Expect to see errata before long.

....Perry
MMP

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm pretty sure all armies had a standing order to get heros out of battle if they suffered a second wound, need them to sell war bonds and such.

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
I agree that a hero has to be more easily killed in this game.. a 9 morale from a 7 morale unit to do one thing is just good enough.. I would prefer a definition similar to the Japanese heroes, I mean a hero for a concrete action and it dissapear..
Lot of heroes around is not a good thing for any scenario.. as minimum they would give CVP to the opponent if they are going to stay all the turns

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Heroes do go down more easily than leaders.
A leader becoming heroic is a pain most of the time.
That a hero's morale is good shouldn't come as a surprise.
Of course, we can strip ASL from its Hollywoodian aspects - which sometimes meet reality, however.
But we are out for fun, not for a simulation - which is an impossibility anyway.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I don't think Heroes count for CVP in most instances.
26.211 INFANTRY & PRC: Each squad or crew is worth two VP [EXC: a LC crew is worth one VP; G12.114]. Each HS is worth one VP. A leader (including armour leader) is worth one VP plus one VP for each negative leadership modifier it possesses (a leader with a zero or positive leadership modifier is worth one VP); a wounded leader is worth full VP as if unwounded [EXC: Japanese leaders; G1.65]. A Hero is worth one VP, but only for exit VP purposes in a Seaborne Evacuation (G14.42).

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Heroes do go down more easily than leaders.
A leader becoming heroic is a pain most of the time.
That a hero's morale is good shouldn't come as a surprise.
Of course, we can strip ASL from its Hollywoodian aspects - which sometimes meet reality, however.
But we are out for fun, not for a simulation - which is an impossibility anyway.
This! I fully support this point of view.

von Marwitz