A heroic leader who suffers a second wound is dead directly or has to pass severity dr?

Binchois

Too many words...
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
i think I’ve always played with the hero being automatically wounded when failing the first MC without rolling the wound severity dr. I suppose it’s wrong after reading this post.. 🤔
Second sentence of A15.2:

If it fails a MC, the hero is considered wounded and the counter flipped to the wounded side where it displays a Strength Factor of 1-3-8 and must undergo a Wound Severity dr (17.11).​
If he is broken a second time, however, he is not said to be "wounded," but is instead "eliminated." So no severity dr on the second break.

There would be a severity dr on a CR result or a sniper '2'.

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Lot of time out of the arena.. thanks for the answer.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
i think I’ve always played with the hero being automatically wounded when failing the first MC without rolling the wound severity dr. I suppose it’s wrong after reading this post.. 🤔
The same for me...

Nice to have this forum....

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Except in a CG where they BH an MMC.
Regular heroes aren't a problem, and I can't think of any reason to avoid them. Heroic leaders, OTOH, are a mixed blessing even in CGs. The good news is that they generally battle harden themselves. The bad complication is that this only happens if they survive. If they die or wound due to being a hero, it's usually not a good result.

JR

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Regular heroes aren't a problem, and I can't think of any reason to avoid them. Heroic leaders, OTOH, are a mixed blessing even in CGs. The good news is that they generally battle harden themselves. The bad complication is that this only happens if they survive. If they die or wound due to being a hero, it's usually not a good result.

JR
But in a CG the end result can be managed if need be..."don't press"....in a regular scenario you problem need that leader/heor on the line and the more "mixed blessing" as you note comes into play more...