A giant Thank You to all who bought, played and commented on the Death To Fascism pack...

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
...to get the thread back on track I'd say we have to play the DTC Finns scenario if we ever make it!
Fixed that for you. :)

An epic Finnish battle from the Death to Communism pack would be an ideal place to highlight the exploits of Korpraali Repetti, one of a handful of Italian volunteers to fight on Finland's side during the Winter War.

Or not.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Fixed that for you. :)

An epic Finnish battle from the Death to Communism pack would be an ideal place to highlight the exploits of Korpraali Repetti, one of a handful of Italian volunteers to fight on Finland's side during the Winter War.

Or not.
There will be special two-colour counters (Finnish grey border with Italian grey on the inside) to represent those brave Italian volunteers.

Even if their contributions in the War were limited, the price of their counters on EBay will be epic.

PS: I believe Fascist Spain and Italy were actually the two countries who sent most military aid to the Finns during the time of the Winter War. Hitler did not want to disturb his precious peace treaty with Stalin.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
PS: I believe Fascist Spain and Italy were actually the two countries who sent most military aid to the Finns during the time of the Winter War. Hitler did not want to disturb his precious peace treaty with Stalin.
These two were ready to sell stuff to Finns, so it was not aid in the Lend lease sense, Spain was selling things left over from the civil war and Italians sold their modern equipment as they needed cash.

British and French sent direct aid, as they wanted to use Finland as an excuse to occupy parts of Norway and Sweden for iron ore. This was not realized by the time Winter war ended and then Germans preempted these plans in April anyways.

When you add this to the things Germany sold Finns in 1941-44, both captured and actually German made, you can understand that Finns had an incredible collection of equipment by the war was over. See https://www.jaegerplatoon.net/MAIN.html for details.

peterd1973

Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llUnited States
You guys yelled at me when I suggested putting the SW points on the scenario card, I have a new suggestion, for example:

SW___PTS____MAX
LMG__1.5_______4

And etc. Regardless, I enjoyed the scenarios I played, and look forward to the Death To Communism pack.

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My only complaint, however minor is the printing on the A4. Creates problems for us sheet protector users here in the USA. Never had a problem with Friendly Fire and A4. They always left enough blank space at the top and bottom of page that I could trim off and make it fit in an 8.5 x 11 sheet protector. But the DtF pack has a couple scenarios where the printing goes all the way to the bottom of the page, so trimming isn't possible.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
My only complaint, however minor is the printing on the A4. Creates problems for us sheet protector users here in the USA. Never had a problem with Friendly Fire and A4. They always left enough blank space at the top and bottom of page that I could trim off and make it fit in an 8.5 x 11 sheet protector. But the DtF pack has a couple scenarios where the printing goes all the way to the bottom of the page, so trimming isn't possible.
You can get A4 binders and sheet protectors on Amazon (I have several because of FrF/LFT/SV/DTF) . Alternatively, a kind European player brought me sheet protectors to a tournament here once. You can also scan and print slightly reduced.