A Bridge Too Far

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
GENTLEMEN,
I AM LOOKING FOR A ONE BRAVE OPPONENT OR TWO TEAMS OF TWO TO TAKE ON THIS BEAST OF A SCENARIO.

84. West Front: Hell's Highway
(Downloaded 1559 Times)
When: September 17, 1944
Where: Netherlands
Author: H.J.Baltjes
Added/Updated: December 28, 2000
Summary: "This scenario depicts the operation Market-Garden from 17 sept. '44 noon to 25 sept. '44 noon. It covers both the airlanding operations near Arnhem, Nijmegen and Eindhoven by the 1st Airborne Corps and the ground offensive by the Brittish XXX Corps with the VIII Corps on its right flank. On the German side the appropriate forces of II SS Panzer Corps and 1st Para- and 15th Army are involved. Its a long game (475 turns) with 15 minute game turns during the day and one hour turns during the night."

Opponents: Americans British Germans

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED LET ME KNOW, I CAN SEND YOU THE SCENARIO FILES, YOU CAN ALSO GET IT AT "THE WARGAMER" WEBSITE.

Hitlerjugend

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
another option

If you are interested in playing the Market Garden campaign but are a little put off by the size of Hells Highway. There is an option. A scenario called The Long Shot by Steve Niemack. Im currently playing this one as a team game 2 v 2. It is an excellent scenario, The map depicts the action from south of Nijmegan when XXX corp arrive, to Arnhem after the 1st Airborne have landed. The OOB is very accurate and it is specifically designed as a team game. It is only 32 turns so is far more manageable. After all, 475 turns as a team game is going to take a couple of years to play:) The scenario is available at http://users.skynet.be/niemacks_place/

Wolf

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hells Highway

Sir, I'm up for Hells Highway if you still wish to play, just e-mail me

eastwindrain

Reaction score
Country
ll
hells highway

Playing scenario, at turn 191,this could have sold as a complete game,battles erupt just as you think its all over,best wargame that I have ever played. Starts of with first wave of paras on ground, would recommend you all start playing now.
Hope this is OK as I am a old fossil.

Von Brownhoffen

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
map blackout

On my map the top left and bottom right sections are blacked out.Does everyone else have this or is my version buggered?

Von Brownhoffen

John Paul

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You might have a version compatibility problem with the scenario. Do you have the latest Game version for the one you bought?

John Paul

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From one spastic to another:D Go to talonsofts homepage and there should be a link for patches.You will want to download the patch for the package your game was,ie if it was europe in flames download the one listed under europe in flames etc.Just remember to follow the instructions for downloading to a tee.Though i think its reccomended you finish all games you are currently playing before attempting the download.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MY MAP LOOKS THE SAME. I BELIEVE THE SCENARIO DESIGNER MADE THE MAP THAT WAY TO SAVE ON FILE SIZE AND THOSE AREAS ARE NOT USED IN THE BATTLE.