A Beginner to VASL Tournament

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A VASL meet-up to get people playing. The idea behind this is to help others get onto VASL and learn how to use it. The meet-up will consist of a series of rounds with increasingly complicated scenarios, not in the playing but in the use of VASL itself.
Round 1 will be "straight" scenarios, no cropping, no overlays, no extentions needed.
Round 2 incorporates cropping and overlays.
Round 3 incorporates external extentions needed (VOTG, BFP, LFT, LC extentions etc.) Round 4 (if we get that far) will be everything flung into the mix, including playing with webcams and boards, use of discord, messanger and other means than skype and multiple players on each side. The fomat will be "swiss style" with winners play winners, losers play losers etc so no one drops out. With 7 days given to play the first round, 6 the next etc. New games will be issued as soon as we have results in.
You wil be paired not on play rating but on VASL experience. You can be a great player who has no experience with VASL so you'll get paired with someone who has the experience to take you through the creation of games etc. You might well spank their bottom but that way both players get something done. If you are interested then reply here or email me at asl740558@yahoo.co.uk with VASL learning in the subject line. Please indicate your level of experience with VASL and give me an idea of availability. "Live" sessions will be GMT by default but you can arrange with your opponent as you wish.
Spread the word amoung those who you know don't use VASL and encourage them to join in.
I'm not wedded to any of this so if you have a suggestion, give me a shout.
Yours Aye,
Martin

FlatPackFred

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A VASL meet-up to get people playing. The idea behind this is to help others get onto VASL and learn how to use it. The meet-up will consist of a series of rounds with increasingly complicated scenarios, not in the playing but in the use of VASL itself.
Round 1 will be "straight" scenarios, no cropping, no overlays, no extentions needed.
Round 2 incorporates cropping and overlays.
Round 3 incorporates external extentions needed (VOTG, BFP, LFT, LC extentions etc.) Round 4 (if we get that far) will be everything flung into the mix, including playing with webcams and boards, use of discord, messanger and other means than skype and multiple players on each side. The fomat will be "swiss style" with winners play winners, losers play losers etc so no one drops out. With 7 days given to play the first round, 6 the next etc. New games will be issued as soon as we have results in.
You wil be paired not on play rating but on VASL experience. You can be a great player who has no experience with VASL so you'll get paired with someone who has the experience to take you through the creation of games etc. You might well spank their bottom but that way both players get something done. If you are interested then reply here or email me at asl740558@yahoo.co.uk with VASL learning in the subject line. Please indicate your level of experience with VASL and give me an idea of availability. "Live" sessions will be GMT by default but you can arrange with your opponent as you wish.
Spread the word amoung those who you know don't use VASL and encourage them to join in.
I'm not wedded to any of this so if you have a suggestion, give me a shout.
Yours Aye,
Martin
Yes please. Had my first attempt at VASL last Thursday and I couldn't see my opponent's counters. I'll tell him about it too

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Are you going to make a scenario list? Might be tricky to find qualifiers for round 1 if not.

Are you still thinking mostly GMT?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Are you going to make a scenario list? Might be tricky to find qualifiers for round 1 if not.

Are you still thinking mostly GMT?
I will put up 3 scenarios for each round but people will be free to choose others.

GMT is the default. I will try go unite by timezones though. (I'm exhausted trying to link up with those 9 hours behind or ahead!)

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I will put up 3 scenarios for each round but people will be free to choose others.
Perfect answer.

GMT is the default. I will try go unite by timezones though. (I'm exhausted trying to link up with those 9 hours behind or ahead!)
Makes sense. Alright, if you need a VASL vet to even things out, I'm happy to do it, but if you're finding it balances itself or leans to vets, I don't need another tourney right now. So sign me up as "if needed." :D

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
OK, I've started contacting people about this. If you have not recieved a message and expected one, please let me know.
It's a bit awkward as I have spread this over 3 platforms...