A Bazooka fires and hits an Unarmored Vehicle, what is the TK#?

cooljrunner

Reaction score
First name
Jay
Country
llUnited States
Is it:
A) C7.331 Any unarmored vehicle hit by HEAT has a Final TK# of 11;

B) C13.43 TO KILL: Once a hit has been scored vs a vehicular target, it is resolved on the C7.33 HEAT To Kill Table using either the BAZ 43 or the BAZ 44+ column, depending on the time frame of the scenario; vs an unarmored target, a hit is resolved on the 8 column of the IFT (see 8.31). In this case presumably using * Vheicle line on the IFT for the 8 cloumn, which equates to a 7TK; or

C) I'm hopelessly confused and none of these.

Thanks all, specific case is some paratroopers of the 504th nailed a FlaK LKW truck on a misty afternoon on the outskirts of Cheneux.

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
C13.43 is poorly written. The TK for a BAZ is 11 vs unarmored vehicles, but if there is a Collateral Attack or if you are firing at Infantry/Cavalry in certain terrain you use the 8 column on the IFT.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The HEAT TK Table also has 11.

cooljrunner

Reaction score
First name
Jay
Country
llUnited States
Thanks guys, the "unarmored target" reference in C13.43 threw me. 11 it is, woe to any truck in my paratroopers sights.

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks guys, the "unarmored target" reference in C13.43 threw me. 11 it is, woe to any truck in my paratroopers sights.
But you have to hit the truck first. If they stay in Motion at longer ranges that isn't easy to do.

Of course he may also park the empty trucks near you in the hope that you will kill them and create a Smoke screen that he can then hide behind. Just remember that a truck is not a hindrance until it becomes a wreck. :giggle:

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The trouble with torching trucks, is you always get the one with the German liquor rations aboard first!

cooljrunner

Reaction score
First name
Jay
Country
llUnited States
Continuing the example, say a bazooka hits an unarmored vehicle, does Case A apply to the TK#? It seems not, since the vehicle is unarmored. You may have it guessed it, rolled an 11 on the Bazooka TK, hull hit, rear target facing, which I think results in immobilized.

7.21 CASE A; AFV REAR TARGET FACING: The Basic TK# vs an AFV hit (or attacked by FT/DC/MOL) in its armored rear Target Facing is always increased by one. All aircraft hits vs an armored Target Facing/Aspect (3.9) qualify for the rear Target Facing modification. Otherwise, normal Target Facing rules apply.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The precision of D7.21, "vs an AFV hit", excludes unarmored vehicles indeed.