A 4 player game?

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was wondering what it would take to retrofit a scenario so that it could be played by 4 separate people. For this example, lets take Serbia-Galacia 14. If you know this scenario it has two very distinct and separate theatres of battle, which would make it perfect for this purpose. I'm just thowing this out to see what it would take to do, and what some of the downfalls would be in creating it.

SG14 has a northern section which is Austrians vs. Russians, and a southern section which is Austrians vs. Serbs. It is 11 turns in length. This is what I envision.

Player 1 [side 1] is the Serbs.
Player 2 [side 2] is the Austrians in the South
[P1 and P2 play odd turns]
Player 3 [side 1]is the Russians in the North
Player 4 [side 2]is the Austrians in the North
[P1 and P2 play even turns]

There are obviously only 2 sides here, but...if you made this scenario 22 turns instead of 11, it might be possible to simulate having 4 players in the game. Every player would get his 11 turns in.

You would have to sacrifice realism in the sense that the game would technically be 22 days instead of 11, but I'm not sure that is an insurmountable modification. The replacement rate per turn would probably have to be halved as well.

This is an attempt to overcome the limitation of PBEM and the mutliple-round turn...as with this method you wouldn't have to keep sending the game back and forth to other "teammates" for each round of battle.

Not sure if this has been tried, or if it was found to be a failure. :)

viridomaros

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
may be you would need cutting replacements and supply by 50% but seems like a good idea, certainly better than having to send the turn for each round

OG Loc

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The best thing is to creat 2 teams with 2 players in each one,
TEAM 1: Player 1
Player 2

TEAM 2:
Player 3
Player 4
Then the player 1 send his turn to the player 3, who sends his turn to player 2, who sends to layer 4...
This way, every scenario becomes 4 players playable ! :D