A 4.44 SW recovery during RPh

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ole Boe said:
I surely don't mind that anyone asks Perry or anyone else, either before or after I give my opinion.
Good thing, too. Because neither your opinion nor Perry's means anything until it becomes Official.

Just thought I'd mention it... :devil:

Regards,
Bruce Bakken

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Aaaah... nietzsche! ... sniff ... snuff !

Robin said:
Te absolvo, filie ! :D:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
This is Latin ("I absolve you, son") not French... and Zarathoustra was Persian.:cool:

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Babel

@robin
Alea iacta est - this is Latin
royale avec fromage - this is french
pommes mit soße - this is german
hai un orologio - this is italian

Where to fry this Babel fish?

And watch out, that the UEFA in Nyon a good adversary for my FC Schalke 04

@bebakken
I always care for sound opinions to rule questions. Thats the reason for this forum.
c:D

PZchala

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good thing, too. Because neither your opinion nor Perry's means anything until it becomes Official.
Oh, please....Q&A compilations and Perry Sez's can go a long way to helping Players decide on how to resolve the rules issues in their games. Wether or not it's official is irrelevant in that case.

In the end, that is all the Player is looking for...help in figuring out how to resolve his rules question to keep the game moving.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Note, also, that bebakken's opinion about Perry Sez is not official, either... :devil:

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CHERDE said:
@bebakken
I always care for sound opinions to rule questions. Thats the reason for this forum.
c:D
Absolutely. I was just busting Ole's chops.

Especially in light of my comments to Ole on a separate thread about the use of smilies, I thought for sure my use of :)devil: ) would have indicated I was just trying to "cause trouble".

Regards,
Bruce Bakken

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Robin said:
Note, also, that bebakken's opinion about Perry Sez is not official, either... :devil:
I know that many players do not share my opinion about "Perry Sez". I would not deny that they often lend clarity; in that regard they can be considered useful.

I would also argue that sometimes a "Perry Sez" simply does not make sense in some instances. It seems that many "Perry Sez" draws a response from someone that does not agree, or that does not understand how that answer could have been gleaned. YMMV.

I do believe there is no argument about whether a "Perry Sez" is Official or not. "Perry Sez" are not Official. That is not opinion; it is fact.

Use them at your discretion. As always. Hold them to the standard of being official ASL only when they ... well, become Official.

Regards,
Bruce Bakken

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
bebakken said:
"Perry Sez" are not Official. That is not opinion; it is fact.
Sure! I was pulling your leg! :D
Perry Cocke is not "the Rule", neither the only authorized interpreter of the RB.
ASL has no pope and even the RB is no "untouchable scripture" : but its "church" is as quarrelsome as any other one...:laugh:
Perry's answers often helped me find a satisfying answer to my questions, nevertheless... and my questions, at least on one occasion, led to rules' clarifications... :rolleyes: