A 4.14

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Commissar Piotr said:
Hi Guys

Can a Good Order unit enter a location containing a enemy unarmed truck ?
Looking at A4.14.....

"4.14 ENEMY UNITS: Infantry may not move into the same Location containing an unconcealed enemy unit during the MPh [EXC: Berserk (15.43), Human Wave (25.23), Disrupted (19.12), Unarmed (20.54), and Infantry OVR (4.15)], but may do so during the APh. However, PRC (7.211, D6.5) and charging Cavalry (13.61) can dismount in such a hex during the MPh."

and from the index

"Unarmed (Any unit without inherent FP usable on the IFT unless mounting or possessing a functioning Gun/SW; a leader is armed [unless a prisoner/swimmer: A20.551] but has no Normal Range; Abandoned AFVs are unarmed): A20.5 [Automatic Action: S6.302] [Heat of Battle NA: A15.1] [Inherent Driver: D5.1] [Japanese: G1.15] [Swimmers: E6.4]"

and D5.1 "
... All unarmed vehicles are manned only by an Inherent Driver who never leaves the vehicle and is never treated as a crew.
.."

So I would say they could enter the hex as an unarmed (and I assume un-occupied by an armed unit?) truck would not stop movement.

On the other hand, I've been wrong before....

Jazz

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Commissar Piotr said:
Hi Guys
Can a Good Order unit enter a location containing a enemy unarmed truck ?
From the index-

Unit: Any game piece or counter with its own MF/MP allotment and normally capable of movement without being portaged, pushed or towed....

Thus you may only enter its hex during the Move Ph by the normally allowed rules (ie. overrun, HW, etc.)

Commissar Piotr

War Pig
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi Guys

To make the question more valid, what I wonder is if a unarmed and unarmored truck should be treated as Unarmed as this is a exception to the rule regarding entering enemy hexes.
If it is Unarmed the move is allowed, if Unarmed means something else in this case that should be properly adressed in a clarification IMHO. Thought any of you guys had any wisdom on this.