A 23.7 Set democharges

pzkfw5g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What happens to a successfully set DC if the mmc which set it is eliminated ($*&#%@!!!! :x :evil:) before detonating it? MMP's Q&A says that a leader which assisted setting it can't detonate it, but nothing else. Is the DC still set in the location or does it have to be recovered and re-set? Thanks.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pzkfw5g said:
What happens to a successfully set DC if the mmc which set it is eliminated before detonating it?
It sits there until the end of the scenario--i.e. it is lost.

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are two ways you can have a "set DC". One is a charge that is set before the scenario begins, the other is for the placing unit to spend enough time to "set" the thing. (A23.7).

I can see a "reality argument" for saying the first kind of set DC can't be recovered... but...

I use my MPh to set the DC. I get killed. Someone else can't recover the DC???? huh???

A DC is still a SW, and SW can be recoverd. I don't think you can "recover the plunger and detonate the charge" but does it make sense that you can't recover the DC that was just set???

Sam "What do I know" Belcher

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SamB said:
A DC is still a SW, and SW can be recoverd. I don't think you can "recover the plunger and detonate the charge" but does it make sense that you can't recover the DC that was just set???
A25.72 says that a set DC cannot be recovered.

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A25.72 says that a set DC cannot be recovered.
Actually, A23.72.

This is another difference between v1 and v2. This clarification was added to v2.

Sam "a Version 1 brain" Belcher

da priest

Reaction score
SamB said:
.I use my MPh to set the DC. I get killed. Someone else can't recover the DC???? huh???

Sam "What do I know" Belcher
Sam: BEWARE you are being enticed by the Dark Side... the evil Realizm Forces are warping your thoughts--expunge those thoughts... :twisted:

pzkfw5g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, A23.72.

This is another difference between v1 and v2. This clarification was added to v2.
Thanks, I haven't coughed-up the $$ for v2 yet. I too, however, think it unrealistic (I have been using 12-point orientation for 10years to avoid having tanks drive down straight roads at a 30-deg angle).

pzkfw5g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
None, of course. Tourneys are for rules lawyering only, not rules legislating.[/list]