A 20.551, 20.53, 19.3 Unarmed Untis and SW

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Is an unarmed unit in posession of a SW armed?
Is it not inexperienced ?
(eg for the purpose of cowering only 1 IFT column)
(for the purpose of breaking and not being CasRed on a failed MC)

What if the unarmed unit posseses a broken LMG?

What if it posesses a radio (a radio is a SW - a TV set is a kind of a special WMD :nuts: )?

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
Since I have NRBH, I would direct you to the definition of 'armed' in the Index. I answers this question. I have always understood that a 'unarmed' unit with a functioning SW is considered to be 'armed'. It is not treated as inexperienced or unqualified for most SW (exceptions being obvious captured, engineer weapons, etc.)

A radio would not make it armed since only a Leader can use one and a captured then freed leader is considered armed.

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
thx

thx to You and the index.

I think then I have to find a way to mark this SW-armed (1)06 as broken if they break.

And rally them for the sake of simplicity with a broken morale of "6" , right?.

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
According to the index, such a unit is neither armed nor unarmed. The rules are more than a bit lacking here, and A20 is probably the chapter that will be rewritten after D14.

I would suggest that you treat an unarmed counter with a functioning SW as unarmed for most cases, but as armed for interdiction and blocking rout purposes...

My guess is that the official rules will become something like that in a year or two.

da priest

Reaction score
Ole Boe said:
.. The rules are more than a bit lacking here, and A20 is probably the chapter that will be rewritten after D14...
Geesh Ole, you going to make them whole Chapters now?:nervous: They're just little paragraphs now.:confused:

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
CHERDE said:
thx to You and the index.

I think then I have to find a way to mark this SW-armed (1)06 as broken if they break.

And rally them for the sake of simplicity with a broken morale of "6" , right?.
If they 'break' they will Casualty Reduce.

ole said:
According to the index, such a unit is neither armed nor unarmed. The rules are more than a bit lacking here, and A20 is probably the chapter that will be rewritten after D14.

I would suggest that you treat an unarmed counter with a functioning SW as unarmed for most cases, but as armed for interdiction and blocking rout purposes...
It is control prevention that is usually of most concern.

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
This is the kind of rules enigma which rectifies a rewrite of chapter A 20. i AM DEFINITELY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT:

@ole : good luck with the rewrite and dont forget the questions

prisoners and CX
Prisoners and pin
prisoners and MF
prisoners and inherent FP of guard (still not sure if it is halved for IFT when
US prisoner <= US guard)

unarmed and sniper
unarmed and rout path
unarmed with sw
thx in advance to ole and other rewriters:salute: