A 14.21 Voiding sniper attack

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany

May a player not execute a sniper attack after seeing the Location DR (C 1.31)?

The sniper player wants to avoid DM on an enemy brokie prone to otherwise capture in short time.

The sniper player doesnt want a sniper dr of 2 on the enemy brokie and he doesnt want the brokie to become DM because he has units in position which will capture the brokie in its present Location.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
CHERDE said:

May a player not execute a sniper attack after seeing the Location DR (C 1.31)?

The sniper player wants to avoid DM on an enemy brokie prone to otherwise capture in short time.

The sniper player doesnt want a sniper dr of 2 on the enemy brokie and he doesnt want the brokie to become DM because he has units in position which will capture the brokie in its present Location.

NRBH, but I do not think so. Sniper attacks are not optional once you've declared you want to make an attack.

If you don't want the sniper to hit, once you've rolled a 1 or 2 on a SAN result I think you have to decide to move the sniper counter instead of taking a possible affect.

Note also, that making a sniper roll is NOT optional once a SAN result is rolled. The sniper is a lone wolf out there lookin' for shots in obscure places and is to a certain extent, out of your command and control.

This is from memory so you should check for sure, but I'm pretty sure that is the case.

Jim McLeod

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Jazz said:
NRBH, but I do not think so. Sniper attacks are not optional once you've declared you want to make an attack.

If you don't want the sniper to hit, once you've rolled a 1 or 2 on a SAN result I think you have to decide to move the sniper counter instead of taking a possible affect.

Note also, that making a sniper roll is NOT optional once a SAN result is rolled. The sniper is a lone wolf out there lookin' for shots in obscure places and is to a certain extent, out of your command and control.

This is from memory so you should check for sure, but I'm pretty sure that is the case.
Your answer sounds correct Tom.

Once the Sniper is out of the bag there is no bringing him back in until his nasty work is done.

The attacking player will have to wait until the next GT to catch the brokie.

:)

=Jim=

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I second Jazz' response. Once you roll for direction and distance, moving and therefore not resolving the sniper attack is no longer an option.

da priest

Reaction score
Yep. What Jazz said....

Sniper does include other "events" than an actual Sniper..like your leader stepping in a hole and breaking his leg, or shooting himself in the foot...etc...:laugh:

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
da priest said:
Yep. What Jazz said....

Sniper does include other "events" than an actual Sniper..like your leader stepping in a hole and breaking his leg, or shooting himself in the foot...etc...:laugh:
Surely that wouldn't happen to somebody dubbed a gentleman by act of congress....? :halo:

Jim McLeod

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Jazz said:
Surely that wouldn't happen to somebody dubbed a gentleman by act of congress....? :halo:
So, when a 6+1 gets whacked by a sniper and the 7 morale level squad he is stacked with doesn't care (ie: no LLMC) does that mean that the squad just "accidently" shot their under-performing leader?

:surprise:

=Jim=

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
da priest said:
Yep. What Jazz said....

Last Year I steeped two times in a hole and straind my foot ankle - so how can you explain me the rule with such an example.:cry:
When I had the accidents, I think there was no sniper around...