9.223 Firelane Cancellation

rshurtz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If a unit places a firelane and later a BU AFV bypasses its location is the FL automatically cancelled? or does the unit have the option of cancelling it?

Thanks

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
rshurtz said:
If a unit places a firelane and later a BU AFV bypasses its location is the FL automatically cancelled? or does the unit have the option of cancelling it?
A FL is never voluntarily cancelled. I believe that the new ASLRB says that any TPBF oppertunity requires cancellation of a FL [exc: unarmed enemy units?]. The wording was changed in v2. In v1 I do not think that that was the case.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Only if the AFV ends its MPh in the Location. A9.223.

That was a change in v2.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Confusing answer....

It MAY cancel if the AFV enters its Location (i.e., TPBF), it MUST cancel if the AFV ends its MPh in its Location.

A9.223

Previous Q&A as well:
A9.233 If a unit creates a Fire Lane and later uses its Inherent FP as Subsequent First Fire, does this cancel the Fire Lane?
A. A squad can fire its inherent FP as First Fire after previously only firing a MG to lay down a Fire Lane. A HS that has laid down a Fire Lane (or a squad that has both laid down a Fire Lane and used its inherent FP as First Fire) cannot use Subsequent First Fire unless in a TPBF situation (which then cancels the Fire Lane). ['97 Annual]

A9.223 Must a MG cancel its Fire Lane when an “unbroken” vehicle (A12.1) enters its Location (even if in Bypass)?
A. Yes, unless it is a BU CT AFV, in which case the MG/its-manning-Infantry may cancel the Fire Lane to attack the AFV. ['98 Journal]