#84 Kids These Days pt 2

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If you were playing me Dave you would be using a dice cup so that dice would not have stuck to your hand :LOL:

Congratulations on coming second in Blackpool Dave and many thanks once again for storing my ASL kit.

Happy birthday to you both and thank you for more great content.

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Deliberate Immobilization.
Its where your ASL brain should go when there are stopped adjacent Tigers with Exit VP on the line
That's a great point. DI is something I never think is going to happen. Looking at the numbers:

DI: TH: 10, +2 Range, -5 DI, +1 large target. 8's or less but only a hull hit. I make that 15/36 or 42%.
TH/TK: 10,+2 Range +1 large target is always going to be a hit, so on a turret hit, we only have an effect on 1,1 (14 TK, +1 range modifier) but on a hull hit 15-11 = 4 so 1/6 or 16.6%

Big difference!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's a great point. DI is something I never think is going to happen. Looking at the numbers:

DI: TH: 10, +2 Range, -5 DI, +1 large target. 8's or less but only a hull hit. I make that 15/36 or 42%.
TH/TK: 10,+2 Range +1 large target is always going to be a hit, so on a turret hit, we only have an effect on 1,1 (14 TK, +1 range modifier) but on a hull hit 15-11 = 4 so 1/6 or 16.6%

Big difference!
I believe you've got your calculations bass-ackwards: TH=10, TH DRMs=-2 Range, +5 DI, & -1 Tgt size.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Big difference!
I’ve found it interesting those 3 ROF guns are deliberate immobilization masters, since you keep getting ROF (usually) until you get a hull hit. Seems like it’s either a HH or ROF with slim dice chances of getting out of the pattern.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’ve found it interesting those 3 ROF guns are deliberate immobilization masters, since you keep getting ROF (usually) until you get a hull hit. Seems like it’s either a HH or ROF with slim dice chances of getting out of the pattern.
Yep, once in St Louis tourney vs Rich Spilky (scenario A108 - Yes Sir), I immobilized all three M4A3 Shermans with the 20L AA gun on turn one.