#82 By Ourselves

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A little taster from Journal 3 for the planned Norway module, the Toby Pilling guide to roadblocks and the ins and outs of playtesting.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In anticipation of playing HS30 The Good Shepherd, VASL board h has been modified to enable the SSR that changes Marsh to Brush (and also removes Grain since it's February). You'll have to set Orchards Out Of Season yourself, but I think most of you can handle that :)

Shouldn't be anything special you have to do to get this version - just load board h in your Board Picker and VASL will realize there's a newer version out there (6.5, to be exact) and go out and download it automatically.

To enable the Scenario Special overlay for HS30, click on the TerrainSSR button in the Board Picker:

which will open up the Terrain Transformations panel. At the top there, you'll check the Orchards Out of Season box. You'll also click on the "Board h Special overlays" item and then the "HS30 The Good Shepherd" box:

Click Done and then exit out of the Terrain Transformations panel, then click Finish to get out of the Board Picker, and badda-bing:

Last edited:

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Dave - for some reason your voice is only coming in on the left whilst Martin is OK - his makes it to both ears.

You might want to check your tech - mine appears OK.

The one thing about playtesting - the designer needs to be open to the feedback and not get upset. Chas at Bounding Fire is great at that - he listens and adjusts as necessary. Which probably explains why his stuff is so good..................

Many thanks to you both for more great content 👍

See you both in Blackpool?

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Dave - for some reason your voice is only coming in on the left whilst Martin is OK - his makes it to both ears.

You might want to check your tech - mine appears OK.

The one thing about playtesting - the designer needs to be open to the feedback and not get upset. Chas at Bounding Fire is great at that - he listens and adjusts as necessary. Which probably explains why his stuff is so good..................

Many thanks to you both for more great content 👍

See you both in Blackpool?
Yeah - I was rushing to get it out and forgot to switch the audio to both channels in premier. OBS is recording me only in the left. Grr. Sorry about that.

I'll be in blackpool but Martin can't make it.