#65: Hanson's Ridge

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
We begin our quest to work out the best official Module (sort of), play Hanson's Ridge and Rob gives an overview and playthrough of Race for the Sarvis.

The poll is on this forum, so please help us out and vote away!

Cheers!

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Another excellent episode!

It's always fun to listen to you two chat. I'm really excited to be coming to Double One this year.

My vote is for Doomed Battalions over KGP. Any core module over nearly anything else.

indy

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Enjoyed thd episode as always. I've voted in the comments on YouTube but I'll reiterate it here - KGP over doomed battalions, though as I said on the YouTube channel, it's very difficult to compare as they both are intended to do different things..

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ammo vehicle rules are in E10 and explained in threads on Gamesquad. The simple explanation is if the ammo vehicle is next to the SPG the breakage number on the SPG goes to 12. You do not see that rule used very often - I only came across it at Heroes in March playing BoF8 Sting Of The Italian Hornet.

The *T on the vehicle is D1.22 - rear turret / superstructure unarmoured.

Many thanks for more content👍

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ammo vehicle rules are in E10 and explained in threads on Gamesquad. The simple explanation is if the ammo vehicle is next to the SPG the breakage number on the SPG goes to 12. You do not see that rule used very often - I only came across it at Heroes in March playing BoF8 Sting Of The Italian Hornet.

The *T on the vehicle is D1.22 - rear turret / superstructure unarmoured.

Many thanks for more content👍
They feature in “The Ring” in the first action pack. First time in over thirty years that I came across them last week!

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
I am a Doomed Battalions guy - wish I had the latest addition

Cheers

Rob :)

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll "add in" that I'm awaiting publishing of the newest edition.

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Cheers Joe - but as we mentioned, there's no SSR in the scenario for the provisioning of the ammo vehicle and E10.1 says: "If a vehicle has a B # (D3.71), a SSR may specify that it receives an Ammo Vehicle, in which case the following rules apply"

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Cheers Joe - but as we mentioned, there's no SSR in the scenario for the provisioning of the ammo vehicle and E10.1 says: "If a vehicle has a B # (D3.71), a SSR may specify that it receives an Ammo Vehicle, in which case the following rules apply"
Missed that Dave - thought you were both scratching your heads over how to use an ammo vehicle.

When you play Toby in his scenario remember to take the Germans and boresight those 88's :)