64K7 what is it?

Nearmiss

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Greetings to the Council

Hex 64K7 contains a round wooden structure. Due to the absence of a SSR describing it as a Tower (B34.2), is it to be treated as a single story wooden house?

Tom

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Yes. I would treat it as a wooden building.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hex 64K7 contains a round wooden structure. Due to the absence of a SSR describing it as a Tower (B34.2), is it to be treated as a single story wooden house?
I do not think Towers are invoked by SSR. They exist as Towers, but require an SSR to define their height for the particular scenario. In this case, the terrain is not a Tower as it does not contain a white, square stairwell symbol per B34.1. It would take an SSR to make it a tower, unlike, for example PBC9, which is a Tower.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
I do not think Towers are invoked by SSR. They exist as Towers, but require an SSR to define their height for the particular scenario. In this case, the terrain is not a Tower as it does not contain a white, square stairwell symbol per B34.1. It would take an SSR to make it a tower, unlike, for example PBC9, which is a Tower.
We had this board recently in "Hell for the Holidays". They might have just forgot the white square, but as printed, it's just some round building...

...or a Gazebo!;)

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sigh. Yes, that was the intention of the guy who did the board (TGWDTB), because he grew up in Ohio and saw plenty of wooden silos. Then the board came out and people asked this very question, because B23.1 says "Any hex containing one or more brown or gray rectangular overview building depictions is a building hex...". This caused TGWDTB no small amount of pain and anguish, as he wondered (and some say, wonders to this day) how Some Things In This World Just Can't Be Simple.

Then I believe Someone Vaguely Connected To MMP spoke up and affirmed the Wood-Buildingness of the hex, and the issue was laid to rest. Until your post :mad:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you should have left the artwork at home and just had a rule that any single hex building could be defined as a tower. The roundness or lack thereof, would not affect the rule.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Quite a few round barns. Also could be a round windmill in if in Holland. Perhaps a grain silo as previously mentioned?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The leaning Tower of Pisa?

JR
In fact, I thought about it yesterday when someone said it could be 'any' tower.

Pisa... Hm, maybe something like a merger of a split level building and the Market Place overhang? :D

von Marwitz