#64: Red Don

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
In my latest quest to beat Martin, I take the unfavoured Russians up against the entrenched, OBA ladened Italians in Red Don from Action Pack 3.

We also take a look at Eric and Rob's game of Cibik's Ridge, draw the first round of 2022's tourney and give away a copy of From the Cellar 11.

Kibitz away!

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Outstanding episode as always. Enjoy the banter between you guys. I think of you guys as the Laurel and Hardy of ASL. Ya'll crack me up! The Italian OOB changes a bit in the Hollow Legions scenario of Red Don (ASL 278). Italians have 3 LMG's instead of 4 and 2 Mortars instead of 3.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
OK - I said I would not comment on rules.......................

But those two human waves that you started the game with Dave were illegal? You have to have a target within 8 hexes per A25.23 and you were 9 hexes away?

When you play Toby's scenario - play the Germans. The Friday club played it and out of three games - no US win.

Many thanks for more content. 👍

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We also take a look at Eric and Rob's game of Cibik's Ridge, draw the first round of 2022's tourney and give away a copy of From the Cellar 11.
Oh boy oh boy oh boy. I hope I made the tourney! I know my W-L record isn't great, but I had a lot of Quality Wins down the stretch and my Sagarin Ranking is #30!

Edit - oh, the highs and the lows of this episode! Winning the From The Cellar Pack and forcing Dave to pay transatlantic postage! And then making the tournament field! But then being assigned to the Tuomo Group Of Death! It's all too much, I tell you! I'm verklempt!

Last edited:

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yet another entertaining episode. How do these guys do it?!

We are really looking forward to coming over there!

indy