macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Because of Live its a Long One

Starts well! - Dave and Martin In Echo - Followed by Live Rules Challenge on bypass firing and targeting to demo Jim's new update!
Then a action packed game with named leaders!! (I die....)
and "drum roll" - Dave wins to prove any doubts we had about him :love:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Because of Live its a Long One

Starts well! - Dave and Martin In Echo - Followed by Live Rules Challenge on bypass firing and targeting to demo Jim's new update!
Then a action packed game with named leaders!! (I die....)
and "drum roll" - Dave wins to prove any doubts we had about him :love:
Those Action packed games are my favorite!🥰

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Caught a bad brain-fart that hopefully won't come back to haunt Martin (I'm only 2/3 of the way through the video). When Dave entered into CC in the hex he VBM'd with the BU MTR HT, Martin got the Ambush, declared HtH, and eliminated the German infantry who had just advanced in. But then forgot to Withdraw from the Ambush! So in the upcoming US turn, they might not be able to just Skulk away, or get that leader over to rally the pile of brokies behind them.

Aaaaaaagh!

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
That Panther 1,1 TH in round 1 wasn’t necessarily a CH, was it? Modified to hit 8, final to hit 5 (with one acq) so you need a subsequent dr of 4 or less.
Correct. I was watching life with Jim Bishop and we wrote about it in the chat but it went unnoticed…

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Dave! Do you mean to say that you did not read my article in this:

Moscow has two of the best military museums in the world - The Central Armed Forces Museum of the Russian
Federation and the Museum of the Great Patriotic War.

Then a short train ride away is Kubinka Tank Museum:

Back in 2015 Mr Putin was not making it easy for us Brits to visit. You had to go to London to have your fingerprints scanned and pay about £100 for the privilege. Citizens of other countries (like China) could just fly in.................

The Russians were all very friendly, the sad thing was that most of the younger people that I talked to wanted out of Russia.

Very brave of you both to put up your games for us all to watch 👍 Hope that you did not mind my comments during the game.

Many thanks to you both for more content.

Last edited:

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just started watching this (on 26 Jan), so if it was mentioned elsewhere before now, please ignore.

I believe that initial German Rubble Placement was illegal. Per HF2.51: "Only non-rubbled building [EXC: multi-level] hexes within the playable area are eligible for rubble placement per this rule." Both the school and the church are ineligible due to being multi-level buildings.

As I haven't finished watching the video, I can't say if this had a big impact on the game. But given that the school (I12) is a VC hex, rubbling it arguably gives the Germans an edge.

Btw, glad you ended up playing this scenario. I've recommended it in a Sitrep post I'm working on based on what I did (and didn't) play last year. Back to the vid and my morning gruel.

Last edited:

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Caught a bad brain-fart that hopefully won't come back to haunt Martin (I'm only 2/3 of the way through the video). When Dave entered into CC in the hex he VBM'd with the BU MTR HT, Martin got the Ambush, declared HtH, and eliminated the German infantry who had just advanced in. But then forgot to Withdraw from the Ambush! So in the upcoming US turn, they might not be able to just Skulk away, or get that leader over to rally the pile of brokies behind them.

Aaaaaaagh!
Before that happened, I believe the ht should have been Immob following CCRF. DRM were +2 non-stopped, -2 OT, -1 no manned MG, -1 Street Fighting, -1 leader, for a net -3 DRM. With a CCV 6 and a CC DR of 9, I think the ht would have been Immob.

Therefore, if Martin didn't Infiltrate (withdraw) after eliminating the German Infantry in the CCPh, his 9-1 stack would be locked in Melee. Had the ht not been Immob, the 9-1 stack could still leave the hex during its MPh, because a Motion vehicle doesn't lock Infantry in Melee.

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That Panther 1,1 TH in round 1 wasn’t necessarily a CH, was it? Modified to hit 8, final to hit 5 (with one acq) so you need a subsequent dr of 4 or less.
Thanks - I was just chatting to Martin about this. I always think that 1,1 is an auto CH on Inf target type in addition to the less than half the final. We'll go over the couple of other mistakes we made on the next episode.

and "drum roll" - Dave wins to prove any doubts we had about him
Rob - you had one job!

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks - I was just chatting to Martin about this. I always think that 1,1 is an auto CH on Inf target type in addition to the less than half the final. We'll go over the couple of other mistakes we made on the next episode.

Rob - you had one job!
Hi Dave, only a final DR less than half the Final TH is an auto crit on the ITT. So a +2 ITT TH that rolls snakes only gets the CH with the subsequent dr.

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Dave, only a final DR less than half the Final TH is an auto crit on the ITT. So a +2 ITT TH that rolls snakes only gets the CH with the subsequent dr.
Yep - no doubt.. It's just that excitement of snake-eyes that gets me!

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
OK - I like everyone else on the planet make mistakes. It looks like I have been making one for years in relation to ASL.

It is only a Panzerfaust that has the limitation of effecting one infantry unit. A Baz, PSK, PIAT effects all the infantry in the stack that it hits.

Just played a game with Martin Vicca and he picked me up on it. I could not believe it - I've been playing that one wrong since the 80's :eek:

Apologies Martin and Dave - I passed my mistake onto you both during this game.

Jazz explains it all here:

If I ever spectate on one of your games again I am not going to offer any rules advice 👍.

Apologies again.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
OK - I like everyone else on the planet make mistakes. It looks like I have been making one for years in relation to ASL.

It is only a Panzerfaust that has the limitation of effecting one infantry unit. A Baz, PSK, PIAT effects all the infantry in the stack that it hits.

Just played a game with Martin Vicca and he picked me up on it. I could not believe it - I've been playing that one wrong since the 80's :eek:

Apologies Martin and Dave - I passed my mistake onto you both during this game.

Jazz explains it all here:

If I ever spectate on one of your games again I am not going to offer any rules advice 👍.

Apologies again.
Don't beat yourself up over it. At least you learned something and were able to admit your error. Well done you.🤗