6,6 and FL

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I am sure there is a rule ( not cowering) that if u roll a 6,6 (only) in first fire even with a leader
a MMG fires and has a defensive fire counter put on it.

Itw was also in an article that it is best to fire SW before infantry for that reason, probably got this
mixed up.

Ring any bells??

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I understand your question the rule doesn't exist that I know of, if you roll a 6,6 and don't cower (leadership, British, etc.) while firing your IFP and not your MG you can still fire the MG later in the turn.

There is a rule that if you SFF your MG (and squad) are marked Final Fire even if you don't fire your MG.

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am sure there is a rule ( not cowering) that if u roll a 6,6 (only) in first fire even with a leader
a MMG fires and has a defensive fire counter put on it.

Itw was also in an article that it is best to fire SW before infantry for that reason, probably got this
mixed up.

Ring any bells??

No to the first.

Maybe you are thinking of SW that make a To Hit roll for the second. Since To Hit rolls don't cower.

Seth

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Does really matter much as if you roll to hit or simply fire an MG and roll 6,6 it's going to malfunction and no firelane anyway. Indeed even f you have a firelane down and the weapon malfunctions that cancels the firelane unlike regular residual which will remain after a roll of 6,6.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Indeed even f you have a firelane down and the weapon malfunctions that cancels the firelane unlike regular residual which will remain after a roll of 6,6.
A8.221 "Residual FP is not gained for an attack by a malfunctioning weapon."

JR

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A8.221 "Residual FP is not gained for an attack by a malfunctioning weapon."

JR
But if the residual is already there it will remain while firelane residual will vanish like snow off a dyke.