#56 Head in a Noose

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Did anybody have a link to that blog about what to bring to a tourney - I can dream of what I will do in heaven (the only chance I will get the time) :love:

Cheers

Rob :)

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
£17 for a coffee mug - good luck with those Dave 😁

I remember Monaco - I went for a walk and was followed by a policeman. I was obviously a dodgy character............

Many thanks for another great episode 👍

Last edited:

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As a Yank, I never heard the term "Bog standard" until recently. I am dying to use it in some fashion.

Instant coffee? Egad.

Other important things to bring to a day tourney: your phone charger, because if you aren't connected to your home wifi, your phone can easily lose its charge searching endlessly for signal. And not just "snacks", but healthy snacks, cuz too much junk slows you down, you old fart.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I remember Monaco - I went for a walk and was followed by a policeman. I was obviously a dodgy character............
I too was stopped by a gendarme in Monte Carlo.

My grasp of Monegasque being what it was at the time, he probably thought I was muttering "bog standard" or "gobsmacked" to myself as I studied my phrase book.

It was all good once I showed him my passport. He instantly understood. You see, Canadians only think they speak French.