4 player scenario

Hubbs5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am looking for a 4 player (2 on each side) scenario featuring combined arms. Looking for the fun factor here and balance would be nice but we are just playing for fun so not necessary. Really would prefer to stay out of the desert but anything else is fair game. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
There is G8 Recon in Force : two US Coys and Italians and Germans in the defence.
Axis have Guns, but I am not sure they have vehicles...

Jim Rupp

Reaction score
Hubbs5 said:
I am looking for a 4 player (2 on each side) scenario featuring combined arms. Looking for the fun factor here and balance would be nice but we are just playing for fun so not necessary. Really would prefer to stay out of the desert but anything else is fair game. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.
This may be obvious, but have you checked out the Monster Pack from War-Oboe? Seems if you group up a couple of groups you could parse things down to 4 players, each with a large OB. :cheeky:

HTH,
Jim

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hubbs5 said:
An old Classic is ASL C.

Try having the board split with 2 players on each side.... See how well they cooperate together before the Armor shows up.....

Played it in the SL manner in Germany and had a blast (or was that because of the beer we had as well).

Jack Dionne

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Dyo

Use the DYO system. It has to be the most underestimated and under used aspect of ASL. You said you just wanted to have fun that’s your ticket. Before picking sides agree on board configuration, VC, turns, and what ever else you want to add.

Whenever I used to play the large DYO scenarios if it was a meeting engagement whit both sides coming on. The side that entered first only had half their MP or MF. Give it a try you will not be disappointed.

ross

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another possible 4-player scenario is G1 - Timoshenko's Attack. This highly rated scenario (ROAR has it G10/R29 w/ 7.69 recommend rating) features a unique gaming situation where the defending German player(s) must divide his given forces on three non-linked game boards to face three separate attacks by the Russian forces. Actually, this could be played by six players, but four should suffice.

I'm currently playing U2 - Sweep for Bordj Toum Bridge that comes with the GI's Dozen scenario pack. I second this recommendation, as the the board 7 river truly divides up both the defending and attacking forces so it seems ideal for a four player scenario (though my playing is only two players).

ASL Couple

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Asl Dyo

If you have General 24-1 (looks like it was back in 1987), there's a DYO article to help select boards, point values, victory conditions, etc.

Hubbs5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks guys lots of great ideas here. Klaus I do have the the Three Castle Bridge scenarios you designed and they look awesome, I just don't think we have the time to get them finished as we only have one day. :( Now I just have to narrow it down to one scenario. Decisions, decisions. :hmmm:

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ASL Couple said:
If you have General 24-1 (looks like it was back in 1987), there's a DYO article to help select boards, point values, victory conditions, etc.
Greg,
Nothing like "tooting" your horn on this article? :banana:

This article has some very good points to make, and will help anyone develop a DYO scenario from scratch....:clap:

Sean Deller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FB14 At The Narrow Passage

The Buda Volunteer Regiment doesn't have much to work with, but if you are just playing for fun you could beef it up a bit. Also, you might consider modifying the Hungarian and BVR VC so each player can earn a unique victory. This is do-able, and with the right tweaks would be a hoot to play with 4 players.

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Revenge at Kastelli

Not combined arms, just infantry, but works well for 3 or 4.

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dyo

Use the DYO system. It has to be the most underestimated and under used aspect of ASL. You said you just wanted to have fun that’s your ticket. Before picking sides agree on board configuration, VC, turns, and what ever else you want to add.

Whenever I used to play the large DYO scenarios if it was a meeting engagement whit both sides coming on. The side that entered first only had half their MP or MF. Give it a try you will not be disappointed.
DYO was so fun, I think it took too much knowledge to get units that worked together.