4 More Years !

KG_Norad

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Doctor said:
I'm a right wing Republican hawk - and I don't disagree with much of what you said. Our goals are similar; we just differ on the way to get there. :flag:
I know. I remain optimistic. After all the talk about the big 3 issues I just wanted to put out a gentle reminder that we still have A LOT to deal with on our own door step.

I do not disagree that national security is a priority, but it certainly is not the only issue. (I know we all agree but we rarely say.. ;) )

I also believe no politician is a saint. They will all have their "bad" decisions...I was just ready to have someone else screw things up for awhile :hush:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BTC doesn't mean a thing. In the long run most of the Caspian energy riches will be going East. Abkhazia doesn't need a whole lot of Russian help to kick the pathetic Georgian military in the butt.

Richa333

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
purdyrc said:
No, he is representative of a lot of what's being said in the forum this morning.
In terms of "Victory for Bush," Yes. In terms of HOW he is posting, NO.
And while his post may be a bit "over the top", I think it's just a less polite way of expressing what many in the REAL Bush camp truly think this morning.
I'll thank you to NOT put words in my mouth.
It wasn't one person it's been a lot of people.
Actually on this thread, of about 7 conservatives, we had maybe 2 that went over the top. Go back & read the thread.
And if they want to be sore winners, then I think it's appropriate to point that fact out. They had a chance to be the bigger people about it, but they chose not to. - Rick
Which gives Curt the right in my book to call you on being a sore loser.

Y'know, I just want to publicly thank Doc for being SUCH a good man. He really is further along the Christian road than I am!

For the "official blog record" or whatever: Rick, I am glad that Bush won & I agree that it will mean much more of the Bush Doctrine, along with a lot more constructionist federal judges (including at least 1 if not 3 Supremes) & etc. Your side fought hard & well; however we conservatives won. Now I hope that America can pull herself together & move on, with better relations with Europe (& contrary to numerous posts, America actually has a VERY good set of relations with Europe including anti-terror). My hand of friendship remains extended to you.

Now it's about 8 conservative posting victory, of which 2 were over the top. :D

purdyrc

Duke Nukem
Reaction score
Richa333 said:
In terms of "Victory for Bush," Yes. In terms of HOW he is posting, NO.I'll thank you to NOT put words in my mouth.Actually on this thread, of about 7 conservatives, we had maybe 2 that went over the top. Go back & read the thread.Which gives Curt the right in my book to call you on being a sore loser.

Y'know, I just want to publicly thank Doc for being SUCH a good man. He really is further along the Christian road than I am!

For the "official blog record" or whatever: Rick, I am glad that Bush won & I agree that it will mean much more of the Bush Doctrine, along with a lot more constructionist federal judges (including at least 1 if not 3 Supremes) & etc. Your side fought hard & well; however we conservatives won. Now I hope that America can pull herself together & move on, with better relations with Europe (& contrary to numerous posts, America actually has a VERY good set of relations with Europe including anti-terror). My hand of friendship remains extended to you.

Now it's about 8 conservative posting victory, of which 2 were over the top. :D
Rich,
My reference was to the FORUM, and not the thread. That's what my post said. And I don't think I'm being a sore loser but rather a guy who doesn't want to put up with crap from Curt and other posters about the superiority of their "side", conveniently forgetting that we're all supposed to be on the same "side" in all of this.

But there is very much an "Us" and "Them" attitude here. Don't foget, 49% of America didn't see things the same way you did and if the Bush camp is unwilling or unable to reunite this divided country, then we have lost our way.

My hand of friendship has always been extended to you and to others in this forum (not Curt). If you are extending your hand, then consider my extended as well in an e-handshake: :toast: (this is the closest I can find).

I'm an American plain and simple and I do want what's best for the country. Gloating and rubbing noses isn't what's best.

- Rick

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:toast: To all of you - it's been a fun fight and the best thing of all - the mid-term elections are only two years away!!!! :banana: :clap: :nofear: :bounce: :thumup: :flag:

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I'm reminding everyone to be on their best behavior here. Although it seems clear one political party did very well last night, this is no time for gloating. America is still very deeply divided along cultural faultlines this won't go away anytime soon.

Senator Kerry has set an example for his followers by graciously conceding the election and thanking those that have worked for his campaign. This whole thing could have been drug out into a protracted and extremely bitter legal battle. Thankfully, the nation has been spared that experience.

I know everyone is anxious to comment on how the elections turned out and what they mean in a wider sense. Feel free to do so, however, we're asking you to do it in a manner that is respectful of all members.

Tim McBride

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Doctor said:
:toast: To all of you - it's been a fun fight and the best thing of all - the mid-term elections are only two years away!!!! :banana: :clap: :nofear: :bounce: :thumup: :flag:
Yes they are. Time to get rid of our current Governor.

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry, I just have to share this... I found it at lgf, the folks over there are referencing other blogs/sites that are offering excuses as to why Bush won. This partiuclar post is from some pagan/magic site:

Magical Election Ta pering: SHUT IT DOWN!
Ok, I can understand the restlessness I've been feeling since yesterday. There's a lot riding on this election, and passions are running high on both sides, so naturally eceryone and their naked brother who has an ounce of Power and no clue about Shielding is leaking energy like a hair dryer in a bathtub. So it's Shields Up for me, but I'm still getting enough bleedover to make me jittery and a little manic if I don't concentrate. That's all to be expected.

What wasn't expected was that once I filtered out all that background noise, I started hearing a calm, resonable, and powerful head-voice saying things like "Kerry doesn't have the experience we need in these troubled times." and "Give Bush a chance to make it better."

Anyone who knows me KNOWS these are not my thoughts! And besides, I voted last week. No, there's no way in Hades these are my thoughts.

Gods-damn it! The f*cking Republicans have got Magical help pumping out a clear, unified, focused broadcast, and you can be sure, every sensitive is picking it up. These are the people most likely to vote Kerry, and I'd like to think they are resolute enough not to be swayed by telepathic subliminal advertising, but it's such a rarely-done thing, and so few people are properly trained these days, that I fear it will be more effective. Just watch and see who says "I was going to vote for Kerry, but for some reason I changed my mind at the last minute."

Who would be doing this for them? Gee, who are the Mages driving around in those black Mercedes and Lincolns with the tinted windows? The ones who live in the mansions with the hell-hounds in the yard and the 7-foot tall hairless black doormen? Every town has some, the bigger the town, the more of these "High Magi" you will find.

I have no idea what their agenda may be, but you can be damn sure the welfare of the common human on the street is not a part of it.

So shield, people, shield. And screen. And if you can shield a polling place, do it! I'm not saying to try to interfere with people's choices, but rather prevent them from being interfered with.

This is important, people, and it may be too late already.
:laugh: :laugh: The evil GOP are now using telepathic subliminal advertising! :laugh: :laugh:

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Tim McBride said:
Ah how cute.....And we care why?
Well, IMHO you shouldn't but why I have the feeling there are always some people who want to make me believe to care about decisions made by the USA...

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
NORAD said:
:rolleyes: 4 more years chasing the boogey man overseas rather then dealing with our own home grown issue...oh boy. :eek:

How this election became so sidetracked about "national security" I do not know. I do NOT fear that I will get blown up at work every day. I have more fear of being mugged and other social related problems that are not being addressed. How many people die in this country due to gun violence? Is it more then the # of people who were killed on 9/11? Why don't we start looking into repairing our social infrastructure that contributes to this. Why don't we start figuring out why americans are so angry all the time, etc etc...

:flag:
Hmmm, well we could send in the National Guard to fight organized crime and end the traffiking of Drugs. What the H#ll the National Guard is being paid to be soldier, so let's use them to fight the buggers! By, the way the war on drugs can end immediately if it was legalized. This would allow the Feds to tax the H#ll out of the product and generate serious tax revenue. Making it legal will decriminalize the industry and free up valuable and scarce policing resources on more serious crimes like Jay walking :cheeky:

John

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Doctor said:
Does that mean that an issue can result in a non-confidence vote and thereby force a re-election. I know that's what happened with one of our prime ministers about a decade or so ago.

Hmmm, given the fact that almost half of the country disagrees with Bush, a non-confidence vote scenario can be disasterious!

:rolleyes:

JeremyScott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don Maddox said:
I'm reminding everyone to be on their best behavior here. Although it seems clear one political party did very well last night, this is no time for gloating. America is still very deeply divided along cultural faultlines this won't go away anytime soon.

Senator Kerry has set an example for his followers by graciously conceding the election and thanking those that have worked for his campaign. This whole thing could have been drug out into a protracted and extremely bitter legal battle. Thankfully, the nation has been spared that experience.

I know everyone is anxious to comment on how the elections turned out and what they mean in a wider sense. Feel free to do so, however, we're asking you to do it in a manner that is respectful of all members.

I agree with you Don. It also means I get to drool 4 more yrs over the Bush twins. God Bless Texas. Ive always said that the best women in the world are Texas women. (The Womanizer is back)

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doughboy said:
Does that mean that an issue can result in a non-confidence vote and thereby force a re-election. I know that's what happened with one of our prime ministers about a decade or so ago.

Hmmm, given the fact that almost half of the country disagrees with Bush, a non-confidence vote scenario can be disasterious!

We hold congressional elections every two years. All 435 House seats and 1/3 of the Senate seats stand for election every two years. House members have 2 year terms, Senators 6 yr. and the Pres. 4 yr.

Not being a parliamentary system, we do not have no confidence votes.

George W. Bush is the first American president since FDR in 1936 to gain congessional seats for his party in his re-election.

Richa333

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doughboy said:

Slightly different in America, which does NOT have a "pure parliamentary" system likes Canada, Australia & UK. (By the way, I actually prefer the pure parliamentary systems -- but I live in America, and I like America's system too!)

In the mid-term elections, ALL of the House (lower chamber) seats are up for re-election, along with about 1/3 (I think for strange reasons it actually works out to 1/4) of the Senate (upper chamber). The President & Vice-President sit on the sidelines & cheer; whatever happens, they stay in power.

Theoretically, the Republicans -- currently in control of House & Senate - could LOSE control of 1 or both to the Democrats. For this particular Administration, that would be bad news: the President would still be in power, but his buddies / allies would NOT control the Legislature, and everything would slow down -- appropriations, new laws, reforms, federal judge appointments, everything.

Functionally, this could mean that the last 2 years of President Bush could be "nothing more new allowed." Very bad, for Bush & supporters. However that scenario is unlikely...

Like I said, I actually prefer a "mature pure parliamentary system" such as Canada & UK, where the government really is up for grabs on each major election. However, a parliamentary system that is not mature or is unstable, is worse than America's system...

FUN posts!

Lt. Dan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Today is a sad day in this country. For the first time in my life, I am afraid of what a person like Bush will do with the power he has for the next four years. Now I understand how Hitler came to power.

Tim McBride

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lt. Dan said:
Today is a sad day in this country. For the first time in my life, I am afraid of what a person like Bush will do with the power he has for the next four years. Now I understand how Hitler came to power.
Please tell, how is Bush's election the equivlent of Hitlers rise to power? :hmmm:

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Tim McBride said:
Please tell, how is Bush's election the equivlent of Hitlers rise to power? :hmmm:
Hitler was elected, too. Maybe he ment that?