3rd Co, 1st Bn, 310th Rifle Regiment, 8th Rifle Division: SASL CG- Sept 1939 – July 1941

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since it's been a long time since I played one of these, I figured I'd give it another go.

Also, rather than go with the standard SASL Russian Rifle Company 1938-11/41, I am using the one listed in Michael Dorosh's, 'Scenario Designer's Handbook'. This will leave me considerably short some support weapons, like -1 50mm MTR, -3 LMG and both ATRs. I will also have another MMG instead of the HMG.

Introduction: This three-part mini-campaign (probably 8 Missions) will follow the 3rd Rifle Company of the 1st Rifle Battalion of the 310th Rifle Regiment of the 8th Rifle Division from the invasion of western Poland (Sep-Oct 1939), to a brief stint on the Karelian Isthmus during the final stages of the Russo-Finnish War (Jan-Mar, 1940), and then on to the 8th Rifle Division’s eventual destruction during the German invasion of the Soviet Union and the Battle of Bialystok–Minsk (Jun-Jul 1941).

Historical Context: Written records on small unit activities of Russian units during World War II are extremely difficult to research conclusively especially early in the war when entire divisions were overrun and wiped out. Even with several months of research, I have been unable find more than general unit location information of the 8th Rifle Division during the periods of the campaign mentioned above and have no access to detailed combat records. The weekly missions I plan to generate for the 3 periods of this campaign will be based on the general information above and dates will be written in to fill in the story. Because of the information above, I would NOT consider this to be a ‘historical’ campaign game.

CAMPAIGN SPECIAL RULES

General
: Use 17. Campaign rules, EXC 17.21—.24 are NA.
Unit: 3 Co/1 Bn/310 Rgt/8 RD
Composition: [US# 45/31] Leader x2(+1), 4-4-7 x12, 2-2-8 x3, LMG, 50mm MTR x1, MMG x2
ELR: 2
Board Edge: Unless otherwise specified, FBE is to the East (bottom), EBE is to the West (top).
Command Structure:
  • Company Commander, Captain Romanov
  • 2nd in Command, Lieutenant Petrov
  • Corporal Torrance (Personal Leader Note: I am using ‘Personal Leader Optional Rules’ and have added my own personal 7-0 leader to the OOB).

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got some real life time-taker-uppers going on atm so I might be playing and posting a little slower over the next week or so. Even slower than I already am. :cautious: