3D - No Casualty Graphics

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For many of us the casualty graphics are annoying. For those of you that dont know how to remove them I have uploaded my set on my website for you to use:

http://myweb.cableone.net/williampeters/mcgc/Mods/Ren_3D_Remove_Casualties.zip

Unzip the files to your MAP folder in your REN game.

Overwrite when prompted to do so. This is NOT an official HPS file. Its a modified copy of the ones that come with the game. It will not cause your game to crash.

Gone are the dead men, horses and broken artillery graphics.

Frankly (Rich Hamilton) I wish that we would do away with the casualty graphics, period. I dont know many of the guys that actually like them. They end up getting in the way more than being helpful for viewing.

But anyway, while they are still with us, they can be removed easily.

I plan on doing the same for the Napoleonic series. One set of files will work with all of the games (I believe).

Rifleman95th

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
For many of us the casualty graphics are annoying. For those of you that dont know how to remove them I have uploaded my set on my website for you to use:

http://myweb.cableone.net/williampeters/mcgc/Mods/Ren_3D_Remove_Casualties.zip

Unzip the files to your MAP folder in your REN game.

Overwrite when prompted to do so. This is NOT an official HPS file. Its a modified copy of the ones that come with the game. It will not cause your game to crash.

Gone are the dead men, horses and broken artillery graphics.

Frankly (Rich Hamilton) I wish that we would do away with the casualty graphics, period. I dont know many of the guys that actually like them. They end up getting in the way more than being helpful for viewing.

But anyway, while they are still with us, they can be removed easily.

I plan on doing the same for the Napoleonic series. One set of files will work with all of the games (I believe).

Frankly I really like them. For me they are not annoying - they actually paint a picture of the battle. At the end of the game I like viewing how the battle progressed - where a stand was made etc. Frankly I love em...and I wish (Rich Hamilton) that we keep them and enhance them if possible in the future. This is one guy that likes them...and I know others that do as well.

antonius

Reaction score
Country
ll
I like the casualty graphics too. They show where the action is taking place and has taken place and add to the sense of immersion. Just my opinion of course...

TheGrayMouser

Reaction score
I am torn on this one, I do love the carpet of dead men but do also find them to be an eysore later in the game. I remember the old GBOH games had a "clear dead bodies button" one could hit when things got a little too cluttered (although I think that was really meant for performance issues on those venerable but awsome old games

Jim Cobb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The casualty graphics help me get a sense of the flow of the game. BTW, I love the 3D graphics.

Bison36

Recruit
Reaction score
I'd like to see it become perhaps an option or have a button to clean up the field sort of a tab on/off like victory locations. I like the effect to look back at the battle progression, but over all I find the sure number of casualties clutters the field too much.