37L

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Regarding the above. Having played a few early war games recently , this gun, with a ROF 3 , is devastating. How have others found it ?
That small stuff with the three ROF can be exactly as you so accurately described it, devastating.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Better than a MMG in many instances {higher ROF, better chances of effect upon an enemy unit in covering terrain with the TEM applying to the TH DR, can to inflict a CH, has the ability to maintain concealment and can use IFE as a last resort-at least the AA types} .

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My regular oppo and I played Kasima Klash ( PiF ), his 37L , despite having low ammo status, wrecked my entire AFV OB....couldn't get near it; he rolled, he hit, he got rate, he killed....
One that comes to mind was my first game against JR Tracy back at Avloncon ‘95. My French we’re doing great in our game and the only piece he had left was his 37L. I advanced up my whole force at once to take this last problem out. I dunno, 12 ROFs later (least it seemed like that,lol) I threw in the towel.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One that comes to mind was my first game against JR Tracy back at Avloncon ‘95. My French we’re doing great in our game and the only piece he had left was his 37L. I advanced up my whole force at once to take this last problem out. I dunno, 12 ROFs later (least it seemed like that,lol) I threw in the towel.
Something like this: “ 37L fires ! Hit rate ! No effect. Fire again! 4! Critical hit with rate! My survivors passed a moral check! Sniper ?!? No no... chain reaction of failed LLMCs. ROF, just getting warmed up, lol.

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Better than an 88L - you can set it up in a building and if you need to move it you can push it around easily. Better ROF - no limbering/unlimbering.

Provided the enemy AF is 1 or 0 of course.
But the German HEAT TK is something ridiculous like 26 too. Which is better than an 88L even though range is very short...

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Of course there are games where the first shot is a 6,6 and it is game over.