#37: Tired and Unsupported

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sorry for the delay guys, Premier wouldn't render this at all due to a clip that it didn't like which took far longer for me to sort out than I would have liked. I also have a new PC so I need to tweak the audio levels, I'm too quiet, but hopefully next time I'll have this sorted:

Tired and Unsupported. It should have been a walk in the park....

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Fun episode guys. Sometimes I'll stick it out to the bitter end or until mathematically impossible to win (due to VCs).

The bow-cawg-e (or bow-caug-e) discussion is timely as I have a game coming up

Nice to meet mum. :)

Last edited:

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Crossposting my comment from the YouTube:

Regarding conceding - in my opinion many people give up too soon. At least I try to play until I really do not have any chance and don not mind opponents who do the same - I could have missed something!. I find it better to go all the way through as normally people invest quite some time into the games. Also it makes your play during endgame sharper in general when you practice with challenging low odds situations

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Crossposting my comment from the YouTube:

Regarding conceding - in my opinion many people give up too soon. At least I try to play until I really do not have any chance and don not mind opponents who do the same - I could have missed something!. I find it better to go all the way through as normally people invest quite some time into the games. Also it makes your play during endgame sharper in general when you practice with challenging low odds situations
agree. as Chaz said, "got to play to the end"

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have a request - looking at Martin's carpet that he has on the stairs is giving me a headache. Can he go back to where he was please :)

The reason Toby does not do VASL is that he has memorised the lines of sight on the physical boards and the VASL boards are different. He does not want the VASL LOS messing with his head.

Splitting your attack forces is never a good idea?

Many thanks for another fun episode.

Last edited:

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Another entertaining episode.

Mayers and I did a tour of Normandy three (?) years ago. We agreed that bocage might be
easier in ASL than in real life.

For a while, I was terrified of bocage. I played Purple Heart Draw (Lone Canuck) to cure my
fear. I quite like bocage now...

That was an interesting discussion about bocage and dummy stacks. It is a smallish point that
could be clarified.

Keep up the good work!

indy

MTL

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Nice work as usual, gents! The Bocage / WA skulking technique was quite a revelation. Looking forward to the 'ASL furniture' episode!

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Ma I'm doin' my video here!" :)

Re: FFS, that was my first reaction to seeing that acronym as well. Andy didn't see the problem.

Close peering at my screen was not able to discern the printing on Martin's coffee cup. Inquiring minds gots ta know!

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another great episode, guys!

One small note -- the volume between you guys requires me to be adjust the volume button throughout the video -- Dave's volume is low and Martin's is high. Is there a way to address this?

Keep up the great work. It's very appreciated!

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
One small note -- the volume between you guys requires me to be adjust the volume button throughout the video -- Dave's volume is low and Martin's is high. Is there a way to address this?
Yep - sorry. It took me a while to sort this out before, and then my pc crashed so I've reinstalled everything on a new one, and of course, back to square one on the volume levels. It's already sorted for episode 38. We're halfway through recording it and the volume should be better. Sorry about that - it annoys me too!

Dave

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wait, what?!? You edit the episodes? That's not all a continuous one-take shot? ;)