37 Flak PZ IV fails a MC

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Per the German #85 MAVN the crew would be treated as in an unarmored vehicle and thus per D5.1 if broken would assume the counter form of a broken vehicle crew and subject to rout. It does not make mention of still retaining an inherent driver so if the crew was forced to rout from the vehicle I would "assume" the vehicle would become Abandoned.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Apart from its employment in a strictly 'AA mode', I've always regarded this vehicle as one of the most vulnerable and generally useless AFV's in the ASL system.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The 37 Flak Pz IV is badly suited for ground combat.
I presume that it was not firstly designed for that anyway.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Apart from its employment in a strictly 'AA mode', I've always regarded this vehicle as one of the most vulnerable and generally useless AFV's in the ASL system.
I remember having played some scenario it which it featured against some British 648s (IIRC). Some people forgot that it can't fire its AA-gun at all if the 'sides aren't down'.

I reckon it can have its use in the ground role, but this would be in cases where the AA-Gun is out of range of normal infantry weapons.

von Marwitz

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I remember having played some scenario it which it featured against some British 648s (IIRC). Some people forgot that it can't fire its AA-gun at all if the 'sides aren't down'.

I reckon it can have its use in the ground role, but this would be in cases where the AA-Gun is out of range of normal infantry weapons.

von Marwitz
Yes, J140 All Down The Line IIRC. A little pro-Brit but a lot of playings recorded on ROAR. Quite a fun scenario, managed to lose it as each side!:LOL:

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

von Marwitz
I last faced off against this vehicle during the Operation Turnscrew CG. My British squaddies killed off the Flakpanzer's crew with their inherent FP, and later dispatched the abandoned vehicle once and for all with a PIAT. I was so relieved that my opponent's armored RG included this vehicle rather than something more formidable such as a Stug or Jagdpanzer.