2xs Industries

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay.....so it's too quiet and gloomy in this forum. Is anyone home?

My question is I would love to hear from people about their feelings concerning 2xs Industries and their single-handed efforts in trying to finish the entire saga of PanzerBlitz and Leader where Avalon Hill left off? I visit their online store occasionally and see the tremendous output in new counters and especially maps (holy cow!) and wonder to myself just how much of an audience is there in the gaming community to support it? And naturally just what is the quality of their products, especially of the new maps?

pugbuddy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
2xs Industries sells other people's work without proper consent or compensation. The maps on the site are from http://www.imaginative-strategist.layfigures.com and are free to download there (as it the rest of the material). If you are looking for quality Panzerblitz/Panzer Leader items, I would suggest any of the following sites. I would never order anything from 2xs. Just my two cents; others may have a different opinion.

http://www.imaginative-strategist.layfigures.com
http://www.gregpanzerblitz.com
http://www.nktelco.net/bdmonnin/boardgamer.html (for their "Special Panzerblitz" and "Special Panzer Leader" issues)
http://home.comcast.net/~storto10/pbcounts.htm

Panzer_Leader

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With regard to the Im Strat boards. I checked and they are allowed to sell them and donate the funds to any sort of Veterans support gruop.

Ryan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's good to know - thanks for posting that.

Does anyone have a copy of 2Xs boards and can comment on there quality? When mated with the orginal PanzerBlitz boards are they the same height? And what kind of paper material - does it appear durable?

pugbuddy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is their URL in case you want to look for yourself: http://www.2xsindustries.com/.

Some of their work looks like copies but some of it is, I think, new material.
Yes, they have branched out to new material in the past few years.

Ward McBurney, who runs IMSTRAT, is a big supporter of veterans (especially Canadian) but 2xInd has never, to may knowledge, donated any sales from the IMSTRAT boards to a veterans organization. Their attitude in regard to other people's work has always been highly disrespectful.

I would love to hear from people about their feelings concerning 2xs Industries and their single-handed efforts in trying to finish the entire saga of PanzerBlitz and Leader where Avalon Hill left off?
I don't see them as attempting to "finish the entire saga of PanzerBlitz" as much as making money off of old AH games. I have no issue with people putting out variants for old games and even reprinted counter sets and maps (see the wonderful 50th Anniversary update of Blitzkrieg on Consimworld). I have a huge issue with selling other people's work without compensation or even recognition of their efforts. There is a large community on the web that supports Panzerblitz and Panzer Leader (see the links I posted above for a few), largely for free. I don't like to see their efforts abused for a quick buck. However, I've said enough concerning that; I'll step off the soapbox.

Last edited:

Gamer1701d

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
So can I assume that 2x Industries is a legitimate retailer to buy from?

pugbuddy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So can I assume that 2x Industries is a legitimate retailer to buy from?
They sell stuff on the internet, yes. I would not purchase from them for the reasons outlined above.

I would recommend getting counters and/or maps made at a local print shop (such as Staples) or an online service (such as Print & Play Games). Anything printed from Ward or Greg's stuff will be high quality.

Ryan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What would be nice for them to create is counter sets with large numbers of certain types of counters - a sheet of trucks, a sheet of PZIVs, a sheet of T-34s, a sheet of wrecks, etc.

This would help with some planned team events I might have with a Kursk theme.

Just a thought.

Ryan

bri697

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone tried to purchase from them recently?

I tried to purchase something, and never received their product.

I called, emailed, emailed the owner and no response.

Now I have to go through the process of getting my money back, but I saw a posting on eBay for the same product and it had the same complaint - no product, no refunds, no response.

Craig Johnson

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have been a competitor of 2XS Industries for several years now. I just started getting into the Panzer Leader stuff again this year. I understand the frustration some people have with selling the work others put out there, but some of us are not in this to make a buck. 2XS Industries was probably just one guy, like my business is, and I don't even pay myself. Last year I made $126 profit over cost, so my time was donated. Its a hobby business for me, and probably was for Paul. A downed website and no replies on eBay is usually a very bad sign. When I took the Blitz World Map and re-engineered it with textures and color, I contacted the original authors. All they wanted was their names on the new map, and they are there, right above mine and the original AH map designer as well. I give credit when I can, but sometimes there is no clue. I began selling Imaginative Strategist maps this year also, but I copied their logo and the map designer onto every map. My website clearly says the material is from them. I'm just trying to give the players what they want, its not about me. A guy contacted me in January wanting some custom SS counters for Panzer Leader. I showed him the two attempts I had started and stopped over the last 3 years and he convinced me to finish them. They have been a hit and taken me to other custom Panzer Leader material. Now I'm working on a variant for Peleliu. As long as you guys are still playing these old games, there will be hobbyists like me and Paul making parts for them. Its not about making lots of money, if it were I'd be writing more computer games. I just hope Paul has retired and not checked out.

Panna

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just want you all to know the owner of this business is in LTC -until he completes his life here on earth, and is severely disabled. He is a good, harworking man whom I love dearly...