2nd Edition rules

ForgetFullPhil

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have noticed on-line that there is an electronic copy of the 2nd Edition rules available. How to get??

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
I have noticed on-line that there is an electronic copy of the 2nd Edition rules available. How to get??
Given that it has the errata included (which is not part of either the pASLRB or the ASLRB) the eASLRB could be called, IMHO, a 2.5 edition of the rules.

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
If instead of getting the current eASLRB in electronic form MMP had sold a printed version, the first thing I would do is scan it and OCR it, which would be a pain.

If at some point I want a printed version I will just print-out the most recent version of the 700+ page tome. Although I doubt I will need it.

A "true" 3rd edition would conceivably include some re-tooling of specific parts of the rules. Apart from a tidying-up of the prisoner rules, I am not so sure what else should be done? The updated Desert rules that will come with HL?

Von Kar

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
How about including all official Q&A in an extra chapter? Having them linked to the rule they refer to would be a nice extra.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
How about including all official Q&A in an extra chapter? Having them linked to the rule they refer to would be a nice extra.
Perhaps but actually correcting or clearing up the issue of the Q+A in the text would maybe be more useful. Highlighting the correction or amplification would be nice. The chapter with Q+A in addition would also be valuable to have another reference easily accessible for a quick check or casual reading.

Obviously easier to accomplish with the eASLRB.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Klas Malmströms current Q&A compilation has some 250+ pages...

Just sayin'.

von Marwitz
Well that does put a different level of complexity on the matter doesn't it?

Seems as if even an upgrade of the RB would be a major undertaking. Most likely not an enterprise that is profitable.

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
If instead of getting the current eASLRB in electronic form MMP had sold a printed version, the first thing I would do is scan it and OCR it, which would be a pain.

If at some point I want a printed version I will just print-out the most recent version of the 700+ page tome. Although I doubt I will need it.

A "true" 3rd edition would conceivably include some re-tooling of specific parts of the rules. Apart from a tidying-up of the prisoner rules, I am not so sure what else should be done? The updated Desert rules that will come with HL?
Are we allowed to and print out the eASLRB for our own use? Or would that be a copyright infringement? I'm seriously considering printing mine...I do prefer the hard copy (just chapters A-G/W).

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Are we allowed to and print out the eASLRB for our own use? Or would that be a copyright infringement? I'm seriously considering printing mine...I do prefer the hard copy (just chapters A-G/W).
Not an expert but I would think it would be an infringement. Look at what they warn you about on a DVD.

MMP could possibly generate some extra revenue by selling you the eASLRB then charging an extra fee allowing you to print it out.

FourDeuceMF

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not to make this any big 'copyright' discussion, but printing out a copy for one's own personal use should be fine, IMO. I don't see this any different than you having a copy of the eASLRB on more than one device that you own (phone, laptop, etc.). After all, it's watermarked with your name on the copy, so if you were to sell it, the secret's out and you could be slapped. :p

The 'downside' to printing it out, of course, is it will be a slight PITA to update, whereas the eASLRB file just gets written over, and voila!

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
Sure you can print it. It will have your name actually as FourDeuce notes.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'd prefer a 3rd edition of the printed version. With all errata included.
I'm going to get the electronic version but, yeah, I totally agree, a third edition of the printed rules complete with all errata included would be pretty awesome

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
It certainly would, and I'd probably buy it. But you have to agree it's harder to keep it up to date with errata than a re-downloadable electronic version.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
While it does have all of the errata incorporated, it is very hard to navigate due to lack of bookmarks, from what I've heard.