2nd edition rulebook replacement pages released?

splooger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Were the 2nd edition rulebook replacement pages ever released in other than electronic form?

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
If you are referring to A15-16vB, A53-54vB, B7-8vB, and D7-8vB, then the answer is no. Sorry.

splooger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
jackbear said:
If you are referring to A15-16vB, A53-54vB, B7-8vB, and D7-8vB, then the answer is no. Sorry.
It's really strange they haven't done so. They could at least release them in a Journal or something.

dspurlock

ASL Layout Junkie
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’m sure it’s easier for MMP to just list them on their site and be done with it. No printer hassles and if you want them, download them and print them out. I took mine to Kinko’s and had them print the pages on a color laser for about $5 and the replacement pages look cleaner than the original rule pages. I wish MMP would release all their errata and Q & A this way. Give me the “formats”, “type sets”, and “templates”; I’ll take care of the printing.

ChrisBuehler

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm assuming these pages are going to be corrected for the up-coming reprint of the 2nd edition rulebook. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
Chris

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ChrisBuehler said:
I'm assuming these pages are going to be corrected for the up-coming reprint of the 2nd edition rulebook. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
Chris
Negative. The ASLRB reprint will be exactly the same as the first V2 rulebook. No new errata/etc. incorporated.

GJK

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Georgii2222 said:
Negative. The ASLRB reprint will be exactly the same as the first V2 rulebook. No new errata/etc. incorporated.
This makes no sense. Going back to the post regarding updated rulebooks, I bet you can't find 3 ASL players in the same room that are playing with exactly identical rulebooks - with updates spread across Journals, past publications, modules and in electronic format only on the website.

I wish they'd be more adaptive so as to make an electronic version only of the rulebook so that updates could be readily downloaded and applied and we could all buy into and play from the same rulebook.

GJK: ready to cancel his ASLRBv2 reprint pre-order.

Jack Dionne

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
sPzAbt502 said:
I’m sure it’s easier for MMP to just list them on their site and be done with it. No printer hassles and if you want them, download them and print them out. I took mine to Kinko’s and had them print the pages on a color laser for about $5 and the replacement pages look cleaner than the original rule pages. I wish MMP would release all their errata and Q & A this way. Give me the “formats”, “type sets”, and “templates”; I’ll take care of the printing.
Please confirm how you did this.
Did you download onto a floppy then they took it off the floppy and pritinted it? Was it double sided too?

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
GJK said:
This makes no sense. Going back to the post regarding updated rulebooks, I bet you can't find 3 ASL players in the same room that are playing with exactly identical rulebooks - with updates spread across Journals, past publications, modules and in electronic format only on the website.

I wish they'd be more adaptive so as to make an electronic version only of the rulebook so that updates could be readily downloaded and applied and we could all buy into and play from the same rulebook.

GJK: ready to cancel his ASLRBv2 reprint pre-order.
No, I meant the same as the first *V2* printing... the only debriefings that would apply would be from J2 (I think) on... All of the Q&A/Errata in the Annuals and Journal 1 were incorporated into the V2 rulebook.

I don't disagree with you though, It would make sense to incorporate everything up to this point into the new rulebook, but at the same time, then we'll get into WotC-land, with version 2.5 of the rules, with each subsequent printing needing a new version number. :eek:

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
The sticky errata covers the "everyone has a different rulebook" problem without requiring so much effort or expense on MMP's part. Hopefully when things improve bottleneck-wise they'll publish sticky errata in a more timely manner. In the meantime there are homegrown versions.

jserrano

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
sPzAbt502 said:
I’m sure it’s easier for MMP to just list them on their site and be done with it. No printer hassles and if you want them, download them and print them out. I took mine to Kinko’s and had them print the pages on a color laser for about $5 and the replacement pages look cleaner than the original rule pages.
Would you or someone else consider doing it for us European ASLers? There is no way to do it properly since US sized paper is not available in Europe.

Oh, wait a moment, maybe it is illegal to print and sell those pages. ... :(

José

Last edited:

dspurlock

ASL Layout Junkie
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jack said:
Please confirm how you did this.
Did you download onto a floppy then they took it off the floppy and pritinted it? Was it double sided too?
Jack,

Yes, I did exactly that except I used a 64mb USB Thumb drive. But you can defiantly use a floppy (I think the v2 replacement pages take about 833kb) and Kinko’s will print them out double sided also. They’ll even drill (punch hole) the pages for you the same size as the original rule pages. If you don’t have a Kinko’s near you, any Office Depot or Printer for that matter can do it as long as they have a color laser.

jserrano said:
Would you or someone else consider doing it for us European ASLers? There is no way to do it properly since US sized paper is not available in Europe.

Oh, wait a moment, maybe it is illegal to print and sell those pages. ... :(

José
José

Email me. As a fellow ASL’er to another, I won’t sell you the pages. I ‘ll give them to you. But I will ask for airmail postage to Europe. Send money or US postage stamps, your choice. I can’t see anything illegal about that. Just remember that I also have to ship the pages in a flat, sturdy, envelope (or cardboard) so postage won’t be a letter rate. BWI- We are only talking about 5 double sided pages for V2 of the Rule Book.

Chapter Pages
Chapter A Pages A15vB and A16vB

Chapter A Pages A53vB and A54vB

Chapter B Pages B7vb and B8vB

Chapter D Pages D5vB thru D8vB