24.31 WP Casualties

GVL

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
"The NMC causes DM status and also causes loss of concealment if ...."

I suppose that this should be " Failing the NMC causes DM status and also causes loss of concealment if..." .

Or am I wrong? Does it cause always DM status and loss of concealment if..."?

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Throwing WP is the American way to cause loss of concealment (although a few others can do it as well).😁

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
"The NMC causes DM status and also causes loss of concealment if ...."

I suppose that this should be " Failing the NMC causes DM status and also causes loss of concealment if..." .

Or am I wrong? Does it cause always DM status and loss of concealment if..."?
It is saying that it causes DM status on a broken unit.

"The NMC causes DM status (10.62), and also causes loss of concealment if the affected unit is in LOS of a Good Order enemy ground unit."

GVL

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Thanks, Klas.
I understand it now. It is the NMC (not the failing) that causes the DM status on a broken unit and the loss of concealment.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is saying that it causes DM status on a broken unit.

"The NMC causes DM status (10.62), and also causes loss of concealment if the affected unit is in LOS of a Good Order enemy ground unit."
The simple act of being broken, even if not under Desperation Morale, causes loss of concealment regardless of a LOS from a Good Order or Unbroken enemy unit {Note F, A12.121 CONCEALMENT LOSS/GAIN CHART}

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The simple act of being broken, even if not under Desperation Morale, causes loss of concealment regardless of a LOS from a Good Order or Unbroken enemy unit {Note F, A12.121 CONCEALMENT LOSS/GAIN CHART}
The loss of concealment is not based on being broken, but on taking a NMC.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
IIRC, a broken unit can never be concealed, so it has no concealment to lose. I was just commenting on the first part "The NMC causes DM status (10.62),..."

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
IIRC, a broken unit can never be concealed, so it has no concealment to lose. I was just commenting on the first part "The NMC causes DM status (10.62),..."
I'm not sure, but maybe some very early version of A10.62 just said the unit was attacked with enough FP to possibly result in a NMC (with nothing about WP) and someone made the argument that WP has no FP and therefore can't cause DM to an already broken unit. (Don't forget that in some cases the unit placing the WP can be concealed and won't cause DM either.) Not sure though.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
There is no mystery here - A10.62 from the first edition:

A24.31 in the first edition also pointed to A10.62 - so it is just a "reminder" (if you will) and is pointing to the relevant rule.