2023 AAR

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Happy New Year!

With 2023 ended it is time to review the annual games in my record. Thanks to ROAR and Scenario Archive two great sites for tracking ASL games and stats.

My goals and results for 2023 were as follows:
  1. Play 104 ASL scenarios. Attend two ASL tournaments. March Madness is sure to be one of them but hopefully work will allow another. Hopefully I can average two scenarios a week over the busy year. I played 150 games. I won 57 and lost 93. I attended two ASL tournaments. Almost an average of 3 games a week.
  2. Play the last 24 official scenarios from the modules (ASL 1-289). I have 6 from Forgotten War, 3 from CDG 2, and 16 from HL 3. Including the desert mini campaign. Hopefully I can get the bigger games played in Texas for some high scoring points. Most of these remaining scenarios are big. I played all 24. I have now completed all 289 official scenarios (from the core modules). Just in time for new ones to come out in TotR.
  3. Play less than 10 scenarios I have played before. This would keep me over 11% of my total and possibly get me to 12%. With so many published scenarios it is important to keep playing new scenarios. My plan after playing the official scenarios is to try to play HASL scenarios. This would get some game time on HASL modules which are some of my least played purchases. I played 6 repeat scenarios. I increased my play to 12% of my 9142 total scenarios (of which I have played 1094 at least once).
There were many memorable games, here are the highlights:
  1. Finishing all the scenarios from the core modules. This has been an ongoing objective since 2019 when I noticed I had only played 30 of these 289 scenarios. My thanks to Scott Mullins (a.k.a. Grumble Jones), Dave Mareske and Paul Works my primary opponents in this Odessey.
  2. I also played a wide variety of scenarios from MMP including the new Journals, APs and HASL. Plus many fine TPP. Special call out to LFT and Lone Canuck for some great new products in 2023. I also played many SP and RPT scenarios finally getting some play of these products.
  3. Top scenario goes to DB105 Hunting Gray Wolves from the Bunker troop. Super fun scenario that went to the wire with my Russians exceeding the CVP cap in the last turn. Runner up was PdH#1 Praise the Lord from old school Critical Hit. Great game on the historic map at Point du Hoc on D-day. My thanks to Dave and Scott for great games.
My goals for 2024 will be as follows:
  1. Play 104 ASL scenarios. Attend two ASL tournaments. March Madness is sure to be one of them but hopefully work will allow another. Staying with an average of two scenarios a week (hopefully).
  2. Play 25 scenarios from HASL modules. This is my new objective, to get my money's worth from these modules by at least playing the scenarios from them. Might not have time for all the campaign games. But can get the feel for the module and historic maps from playing the scenarios. This includes HASLs in the Journals and Annuals (to get more PTO action).
  3. Play less than 10 scenarios I have played before. We are in a time in ASL when new products are being released regularly. And with over 10K published scenarios there is a huge variety of scenarios to play. It is much easier to win a scenario you have played before. But much more fun to play the variety of scenarios out there. Plus get value from your ASL purchases.
2023 was great year of ASL. I am looking forward to 2024. I would like to thank all my opponents from 2023 especially Grumble Jones, Dave Mareske and Paul Works. I look forward to the new ASL releases in 2024 and playing some great games. Roll low in 2024!

Danno

Last edited:

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Happy New Year!

With 2023 ended it is time to review the annual games in my record. Thanks to ROAR and Scenario Archive two great sites for tracking ASL games and stats.

My goals and results for 2023 were as follows:
  1. Play 104 ASL scenarios. Attend two ASL tournaments. March Madness is sure to be one of them but hopefully work will allow another. Hopefully I can average two scenarios a week over the busy year. I played 150 games. I won 57 and lost 93. I attended two ASL tournaments. Almost an average of 3 games a week.
  2. Play the last 24 official scenarios from the modules (ASL 1-289). I have 6 from Forgotten War, 3 from CDG 2, and 16 from HL 3. Including the desert mini campaign. Hopefully I can get the bigger games played in Texas for some high scoring points. Most of these remaining scenarios are big. I played all 24. I have now completed all 289 official scenarios (from the core modules). Just in time for new ones to come out in TotR.
  3. Play less than 10 scenarios I have played before. This would keep me over 11% of my total and possibly get me to 12%. With so many published scenarios it is important to keep playing new scenarios. My plan after playing the official scenarios is to try to play HASL scenarios. This would get some game time on HASL modules which are some of my least played purchases. I played 6 repeat scenarios. I increased my play to 12% of my 9142 total scenarios (of which I have played 1094 at least once).
There were many memorable games, here are the highlights:
  1. Finishing all the scenarios from the core modules. This has been an ongoing objective since 2019 when I noticed I had only played 30 of these 289 scenarios. My thanks to Scott Mullins (a.k.a. Grumble Jones), Dave Mareske and Paul Works my primary opponents in this Odessey.
  2. I also played a wide variety of scenarios from MMP including the new Journals, APs and HASL. Plus many fine TPP. Special call out to LFT and Lone Canuck for some great new products in 2023. I also played many SP and RPT scenarios finally getting some play of these products.
  3. Top scenario goes to DB105 Hunting Gray Wolves from the Bunker troop. Super fun scenario that went to the wire with my Russians exceeding the CVP cap in the last turn. Runner up was PdH#1 Praise the Lord from old school Critical Hit. Great game on the historic map at Point du Hoc on D-day. My thanks to Dave and Scott for great games.
My goals for 2024 will be as follows:
  1. Play 104 ASL scenarios. Attend two ASL tournaments. March Madness is sure to be one of them but hopefully work will allow another. Staying with an average of two scenarios a week (hopefully).
  2. Play 25 scenarios from HASL modules. This is my new objective, to get my money's worth from these modules by at least playing the scenarios from them. Might not have time for all the campaign games. But can get the feel for the module and historic maps from playing the scenarios. This includes HASLs in the Journals and Annuals (to get more PTO action).
  3. Play less than 10 scenarios I have played before. We are in a time in ASL when new products are being released regularly. And with over 10K published scenarios there is a huge variety of scenarios to play. It is much easier to win a scenario you have played before. But much more fun to play the variety of scenarios out there. Plus get value from your ASL purchases.
2023 was great year of ASL. I am looking forward to 2024. I would like to thank all my opponents from 2023 especially Grumble Jones, Dave Mareske and Paul Works. I look forward to the new ASL releases in 2024 and playing some great games. Roll low in 2024!

Danno
Thanks for mentioning DB105 Hunting Gray Wolves, we had a ton of fun with it in playtest and glad you had some with it, too!

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for mentioning DB105 Hunting Gray Wolves, we had a ton of fun with it in playtest and glad you had some with it, too!
You're welcome. I also greatly enjoyed DB053 Hamburg on the Lovat. Dispatches From The Bunker is still the best buy for ASL scenarios. Thanks and looking forward to the next dispatch!