2022 St Louis ASL Tourney July 29-31.

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just wanted to get the word out, the 2022 St Louis ASL tourney is on and scheduled for July 29-31. Jim Burris runs the tourney. He has updated his computer and is having software issues updating the website. The following website is NOT up to date but still useful.
However, the hotel is the same, Jim's contact info is same, etc. Just not the date. Hopefully it is updated in the near future.

No change in format. 5 rounds starting on Friday. Round one you can play anyone you like, feel free to match up with whoever you want. Round one officially starts at noon on Friday, but room will be open sooner. Many/most games are up and going by 10 or 11 AM. Rounds 2 thru 5 will be matched by Jim based on win/loss. Round 2 is Friday night. Rounds 3 and 4 on Saturday with round 5 on Sunday morning. Scenario list will be published no later than June 1st, likely earlier, say late April or in May. As usual, the St Louis list will feature mostly new or recently released scenarios with the occasional oldie or classic thrown in. Look for a heavy dose of AP17, Hazmo 1&2, DTF-2, and Hollow Legions. Break out those Italians! Maybe even a desert scenario or two on the list this year.

I look forward to seeing all the usual suspects and hopefully some guys.

David Goldman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doug wrote, "I look forward to seeing all the usual suspects and hopefully some guys." Some guys? As opposed to the usual reprobates who show up? Anyway, grandchildren permitting, I suspect I will be there.

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Doug, could you send me a quick email (hazardousmovement [AT] yahoo.com). I have something that might be of interest to you and Jim to discuss. Thanks! - Chuck

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hopefully by then things will have settled down considerably & if gas & fuel prices don't bankrupt me in the interim, Curtis Brooks & I plus possibly one other are seriously considering making the trip down there. I really miss the FtF scene and was sorely disappointed when the Chi-town ASL Open had to go virtual again this year (though I can certainly understand the reasons). Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed to be able to make it for the 1st time.

Last edited:

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The St Louis ASL club will be celebrating the 25th anniversary of the St Louis tournament. To help us celebrate and promote this achievement, we are pleased to make the following announcement:

Hazardous Movement Gaming will be releasing their third scenario pack at the St Louis tournament in July. The pack will be for sale there for the first time. The tournament scenario list will feature a HazMo scenario or two in each round from HazMo packs 1 and 2. In addition, a couple scenarios from the new pack 3 will also be included. We will have a contest and/or mini tournament focused on the HazMo scenarios complete with prizes. Hopefully this can pull in a few more people to help us achieve our largest attendance ever. Please attend and help us celebrate our 25th year of ASL tournaments and be one of the first ASLers to get your hands on Hazardous Movement Pack 3.

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We at Hazmo are very honored to be a part of this special event! Please consider taking part in this fantastic St. Louis tournament and help the club celebrate its 25th year of hosting an outstanding ASL tradition!

More announcements to follow on the Hazmo Facebook Group page!

The St Louis ASL club will be celebrating the 25th anniversary of the St Louis tournament. To help us celebrate and promote this achievement, we are pleased to make the following announcement:

Hazardous Movement Gaming will be releasing their third scenario pack at the St Louis tournament in July. The pack will be for sale there for the first time. The tournament scenario list will feature a HazMo scenario or two in each round from HazMo packs 1 and 2. In addition, a couple scenarios from the new pack 3 will also be included. We will have a contest and/or mini tournament focused on the HazMo scenarios complete with prizes. Hopefully this can pull in a few more people to help us achieve our largest attendance ever. Please attend and help us celebrate our 25th year of ASL tournaments and be one of the first ASLers to get your hands on Hazardous Movement Pack 3.

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hopefully, this year, Travis & I will be able to drive on down to participate. As the tournament begins on my birthday, it can be my 'present'...just hoping that my onerous travel itinerary won't have resumed by this time (if it ever does)... ;-)
Just make sure Travis doesn't take you out in the first round....LOL

FourDeuceMF

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll unleash him on some other unsuspecting victim instead. 😜

Still no guarantee that I won't go down in flames on my first round...been quite a while since I've played, and rusty (I believe that the last ASL Travis & I played were the KGP I scenarios in December 2020...we had Bloody Red Beach set up for a while after that, but never did kick it off...)