2022 eASL OPEN March 15 through May 9, 2022

David Goldman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The format will be six rounds one week long (there will be two rounds lasting two weeks to acommodate March Madness, Easter and the Bitter Ender). The scenario list will be completed as soon as I get the latest from Bounding Fire. Each round will have five scenariuos to choose from, but as before, any scenario ever published by mutual agreement may be played. The bidding sheet will follow before the end of January. I will provide VASL set ups.

Attachments

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone received 1st round opponents or other communication from David?

Also, I am not familiar with the bidding system. Can someone explain how it works?

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone received 1st round opponents or other communication from David?

Also, I am not familiar with the bidding system. Can someone explain how it works?
After the scenario has been selected. Usually after the boards are at least step up and a quick scenario review the players bid for the side they want. Bids range from 0-6ish or nil bid (no side preference) and each scenario has a short list of things to buy for each point your opponent bid. So if I bid G3 (German 3) I’m giving my opponent 3 points to buy stuff from the list. High bid gets side, both sides receive whatever the other player bid if they bid opposite sides. That’s the way I understand it.
I like it, helps fix unbalanced scenarios and you can take the side you are more comfortable with. When in doubt I take attacker, yep.

Last edited: