2021 Texas Team Tournament

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
For those attending the Texas Team Tournament this week and are staying at the hotel. Please be aware that during the pandemic the hotel has stopped serving continental breakfast in the mornings and has as of yet not resumed making it available. So make sure to make allowances for breakfast in the mornings.
Well done giving a heads up like that!

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Wow! Just got back from another Texas Team Tournament. Great job to Rick and company! I think there were 52 signed up and lots and lots of games those four days (ending today). I left with the championship game still going, so I don't know who one. All I know is my team collaborated to try to get to the bottom as quickly as we could...we missed by one. LOL! Total blast! Thanks to all and the fellow gamers!

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just a quick update on the winners

10-3 Champion: Paul Works
9-2 Runner Up: Jim Ferrell
Team Winners: Nathan Wegener, Stephen McBee, and Chris Kubick
Major Johnson: John Hyler
Boxcars: Ed Beekman
Snakes: Doyle Motes
Close Combat Award: Dave Mareske

It was really great seeing folks getting together and playing ASL again.

Rick

Last edited:

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rick
Can I ask how you do your Close Combat award. No rush on reply.
Thanks
It's pretty simple, since while folks are playing they generally don't want to have them spend a lot of time dealing with complicated stuff. You earn 1pt for winning a close combat. 2 pts if you remain concealed after eliminating an opponent in CC, 2 pts for capturing a non-inexperienced enemy, and finally 3 pts for eliminating a moving AFV in Street Fighting/CC. The person at the end of the tourney with the most total points is the winner. Other than the winning a CC part, the rest don't really occur that often, so there shouldn't be a lot of ongoing bookkeeping.